• Time
  • Show
Clear All

30/04/07 US releases

Would appear to be:

Castlevania (NES)
    Shockman (TG16)
    The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES)

Mystical Ninja is supposed to be quite good, isn't it? What's Shockman like? Never heard of that one.

Shockman (Shubibinman 2) is like mega man but only its good and with some shoot em up levels and great music and the best in its series before Andyfreak pipes up.

Comment

I have all the Shubibinman games and to be honest, they're pretty poor. I bought them during my 'must buy all PC Engine games' phase and regretted the purchase, along with the dreadful Valis series.

Mystical Ninja, or Ganbare Goemon to give it it's proper title is an excellent game, but not as good as it's sequels. (most of which were never translated). It also became a superb early N64 game with a terrific soundtrack and great sense of humour, but then kind of died a slow and painful death in the following sequels across several platforms.

More recently it was reborn in a really beautiful 2.5d DS title which sadly was never brought to the West, which is really a shame as it's absolutely fantastic.

Comment

"all the Shubibinman games and to be honest, they're pretty poor"

"dreadfull valis series"

That's it, your going on ignore

Comment

I love old games but those two series are just awful, in my opinion. Give me PC Genjin anyday.

Valis does have great cut scenes though.

Comment

Working...
          X