Biohazard Directors Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biohazard Directors Cut

Just saw this on the Japanese store but couldn't purchase it as my visa wont work on a Japanese account, I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and would love to play through the original again. Has anyone got it and if so whats it like. Am I right in thinking that its the same version that was released here before Resident Evil 2, is it displayed in 720p, and does anyone know if there are plans to bring out Resident Evil 2.

Sorry about all the questions but I'd love to know if its improved in any way.
    Thanks in Advance

I have it on DL'd onto PSP, and I plan to add it to my PS3, although I cannot share it unfortunately. It's exactly the same as the PSOne version. Dunno about 720p, but I'd go with 480i, same as PSOne discs. I will let you know however.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
      I have it on DL'd onto PSP, and I plan to add it to my PS3, although I cannot share it unfortunately. It's exactly the same as the PSOne version. Dunno about 720p, but I'd go with 480i, same as PSOne discs. I will let you know however.
      PS1 was 224p by the way. A couple of games ran in 480i, but the vast majority didn't.

Comment

All PSOne discs run in 480i on PS3...
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So when you download a PSOne game, can they all be played on both the PS3 and PSP?
          Last edited by nickgodfrey; 11-05-2007, 08:51.

Comment

Certain ones can. You can't D/L anything from the JPN store as yet though.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thanks.

Christ, I feel a bit behind. This is really the first day I’ve read anything about the Playstation Network.

So, let me get this straight. I can still create a Japanese account if I wanted, but I wouldn’t be able to download anything – including demos and trailers?

Comment

Oh yeah. What sort of size is Resident Evil, for example? Would a 1GB Duo be sufficient when storing it on your PSP?

Comment

You can definitely download free content from the Japanese store (or at least, I have had no trouble on my US console), but I'm guessing Joe means that you can't buy anything from it as there are no cards that will let you do that without a Japanese address.

Comment

Yer, that's it. Free JPN stuff is fine, but you can't buy anything. Biohazard will fit onto a 1GB card about 6 times over.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's easy to buy from the international Stores, have a look at the instructions here!!

10 minutes and you'll be downloading!!! There is a downside though...you'll spend a fortune once you start.

Comment

Ain't that the truth...I had to restrain myself today.

VC and Live Arcade are nice, but these are the games I absolutely LOVED on my PS2 (was almost my favourite console from that era)!! Also, the pricing is CORRECT...$4.99 for Crash which is what, about £2 ish? Spot on!

Just started playing Crash Bandicoot now actually!

Is this version of Biohazard English friendly or totally in Japanese?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                          Is this version of Biohazard English friendly or totally in Japanese?
                          Wanted to ask that as I'm tempted too!! There are a few in the Honk Kong store that I'm after, mainly RPGs which I imagine won't have English text as well...

Comment

Yeah, lots in the HK store I liked the look of.

I'm kinda hoping its completely in Japanese as I don't want to spend any jmore money this week!

Comment

bh1 is very simple to play in japanese text, apart from one part, the crow room where you need to read the painting text to do the right order switches.

apart from that its fine

Comment

Working...
                              X