Making games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making games

Just wondering if any of you lot can make games at all using programmes or not?

I use programmes like rpg maker and stuff like that and can make games but i cant make graphics if you would like a remake of an old game you loved what would it be and why?

I would love a remake of...............you guessed it.....azure dreams, if i ever tried make a remake of that then i would love to be able to create new stuff for the game. I'm actually trying to make a remake of harvest moon at the minute but had to postpone it

I had a program called The Games Factory about 10 years ago, but I lacked the patience to work out how to use it.

Comment

Used to be full of all sorts of ideas about writing games in my spare time, but real-life eventually got in the way.

I managed to do some emulator stuff on the PC, and a couple of public domain things on the Amiga back in the day, but never found the time to do anything notable.

Comment

never tried making a rom game but hopefully one day i will, the games factory was alright to use, i prefer game maker and rpg maker though

Comment

its fun to make games using director and flash.. maybe thats a good way to start

theres a fair few 'homages' in there...

Comment

I've also worked with popular game authoring tools like RPG Maker, Gamemaker and Games Factory, but was ultimately put off by all those restrictions and eventually switched to a more powerful programm called Blitz3D which is more of a full fletched programming language, but thx to the rather easy basic dialect, it's not too much work either.
            I'm currently working on a rather ambitious PONG clone that is centered around gameplay and is aimed to stay true to the visuals and feeling of the original, while offering all the customisability you could ask for, in terms of different PONG variants, rules and options (things like analog stick/ mouse support and network multiplayer).

I'm really interested in designing and creating games, but as of now, it's just a hobby and I'm not planning to do it for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryo Saeba View Post
              I've also worked with popular game authoring tools like RPG Maker, Gamemaker and Games Factory, but was ultimately put off by all those restrictions and eventually switched to a more powerful programm called Blitz3D which is more of a full fletched programming language, but thx to the rather easy basic dialect, it's not too much work either.
              I'm currently working on a rather ambitious PONG clone that is centered around gameplay and is aimed to stay true to the visuals and feeling of the original, while offering all the customisability you could ask for, in terms of different PONG variants, rules and options (things like analog stick/ mouse support and network multiplayer).

I'm really interested in designing and creating games, but as of now, it's just a hobby and I'm not planning to do it for a living.
              Yeah it more of a hobby to me aswell but never got the chance to use blitz but it does look good

Comment

I am currently studying Computer Games Design and Programming at Uni, coming up to my final year now. Have used Game Maker alot but as many of you say it is pretty restrictive, saying that though I did make a decent Breakout type game for one of our courseworks this year.....nothing amazing but was just supposed to be a little demo game. For my final year project I hope to use XNA to make a decent arcade game, only obstacle is I use C++ and XNA doesn't so I will have to do a little independent studying.

Comment

For XNA I just type in some C++, hit compile and see what it whinges about. Mostly it's okay XNA on PC is good, but stick it through the 360 and it has the magic of telly!!

Comment

I used to mess about with RPG Maker, which was quite fun. But it was a bit limited and i'd generally get bored before I finished making the database.

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                      I used to mess about with RPG Maker, which was quite fun. But it was a bit limited and i'd generally get bored before I finished making the database.
                      The limitation was alot but to me it dont matter cause you cant really ask for more, what games would you love see remakes of?

Comment

Working...
                      X