Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I got a blue DSi for the sole reason of making it look ace with this case around it.

Comment

Nice! I was tempted by that one but wasn't sure what it would look like on a black DSi, so didn't get it. PA are now sold out. Has anyone bought one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post

Yeah, I got a blue DSi for the sole reason of making it look ace with this case around it.

That looks superb! I see exactly why you chose blue - so so tempting!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          Houkago shonen arrived YAY
          What is this please?

Comment

I believe its Houkago Shounen (After-school Boy).

Comment

Yup it's Houkago Shonen, it's a game that pretty much copies the boku no natsuyasumi series on playstation.

It's sort of a nostalgic look back to the showa era of japan, you play as a kid called Osamu who is leaving to move to another city in 2 months time. The game is played in these 2 months & you try to enjoy your last months with all your friends it's quite a touching story by the end of it, especially the last few days.

There is lots of stuff to collect like the toy car rubbers that come from the gashapon machines near the shop which can be used in a game or maybe try the picadilly circus machine thats sort of like roulette, you can exchange the medals you win in the shop for prizes, theres also a 10 yen pachinko style machine where you have to flick a coin across a course without it falling in the holes. Theres also menko which is played a bit like pogs & you can collect loads from the shop.

Theres alos toys scattered round the place you can play with like the swing & climbing frame at school. the pogo stick & hula hoop near your secret den under the bridge, theres also hopscotch & the huge strairway that leads to the shrine up the mountain that has a rail you can slide down, the game keeps a record of how you do as you play.

It's not a game for everyone but it's one im glad i took a chance on playing. Hehe it's rather oldschool, you can even record music off the tv using your casette player to listen to but only on certain nights when theres something playing the songs are all vocal too.

Last edited by importaku; 25-07-2009, 12:04.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Robo in the house, im all excited chibi robo is a series i really love.

Comment

Hopefully it plays as well as the first DS one.
                    First play thread when you can please!
                    (My copy is sitting at a friend's house awaiting the arrival of MH3 before being posted *sigh*)

Comment

I'll do a first play later, i have already played quite a few hours of it.

It's as good as the gamecube original & vastly better than park patrol. Theres so much to see & do it's a lot of fun.

Comment

A few items, including a couple of bargains:

Astonishia Story doesn't have the best reputation but it seemed worth a go for under 5GBP. All were second-hand, with the exception of Monster Hunter. Star Ocean was traded in but it was still sealed. Ideally I'd prefer the US versions but I couldn't argue with the prices. Something for the bus journey when I start university next month, anyway.

I should really start playing this series instead of putting it off all the time.
                        Last edited by Decider-VT; 02-08-2009, 23:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post

I should really start playing this series instead of putting it off all the time.
                          Get that played now!!! It's amazing. Probably my favourate PS3 game I've played, including MGS4, LBP, Uncharted, Resistance etc. Much better than RE5/Silent Hill too.

I'm really hoping it did well enough for a sequel

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                            A few items, including a couple of bargains:

How much did Star Ocean set you back? Thinking of getting it myself at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                              How much did Star Ocean set you back? Thinking of getting it myself at some point.
                              14.98GBP, although I was fortunate enough to get some staff discount on that. It was just over 10GBP in the end.

Comment

Arrived this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X