No announcement yet.

Blacksite: Area 51 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed this. The graphics were nicely atmospheric with plenty going on. OK, it wasn't much of a demo, but as a teaser it was far better than watching some crappy video laced with cut scenes.

Comment

No problem with the controls for me either, thought they worked fine.

Quite enjoyed the teaser - some nice rain and lighting effects and weird stuff to shoot.

Clearly its far from ready to go so things like the framerate etc are a non starter, but the demo didn't put me off the full thing so I'll be picking this up.

Comment

I also thought this was great!

The Mrs could hear me whooping and hollering with glee from the other side of the house - through two closed doors :-)

It clearly needs a little bit more polish - but I too will be buying this now on the strength of the short but (IMHO) thrilling demo.

Great stuff and yet another example, as they sort of say up here, that there's now't as queer as taste ;-)

Comment

Really enjoyed it myself, although i am a sucker for a good FPS. Really liked the way that you could shoot away the stone pillars and stuff, revealing the rebar underneath. The rain splashing on your gun was nice too, as was the fact that your gun was drawn in whenever you walked up to a wall, rather than just looking like it's going through it in the weird manner it does in most FPSes.

While I didn't have any issue at all with the controls, I do also hope that they release this teaser (or a bigger demo) on the PS3, so I can decide which version to get.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            Really liked the way that you could shoot away the stone pillars and stuff, revealing the rebar underneath.
            it shares some of the tech from stranglehold so there should be a lot of this in the full game

Comment

I really enjoyed that demo. Looked like Gears of War due to the tech and played like an enjoyable FPS should...

The release date will determine how well it sells, but it's got very good potential.
              Last edited by Spatial; 12-05-2007, 16:38.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                I won't bother downloading in that case! I was quite looking forward to this, the trailer looked pretty good. Maybe the final release will show more...umph.

That would be a shame Pete. The initial impressions seemed very hard IMHO.

It plays like a standard shooter in the GOW mould, and has nice graphics and good controls.

It certainly has potential to be a laugh over coop, and while not reinventing the wheel, there is certainly promise here for a fun game.

One to keep an eye on.

Comment

Why is this 2 minute demo so large? Nice enough to look at but you kill a few aliens and run round the corner and ... oh. It's ended. Squad comments were interesting.

Comment

Only thing that bugged me with this was my incessant attempts to bind to a wall ><

Other than that I quite enjoyed it - nice solid shooter !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X