Late to the party Impressions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late to the party Impressions!

These are 5 - 10 minute playtime impressions of some games i've finally got round to buying...

Star Fox Adventures - Love the opening mission. Great way to start a game. Think I will like this one even if it is as linear as everyone makes out.

Metroid Prime - Loving the controls. Scanning is already slightly annoying to me as you can't see anything that looks as though it needs to be scanned until you switch to the scan visor but I want to be in combat visor mode most of the time! Also, maybe its my eyesight but I found it hard making out the first few enemies against the backgrounds except for "Some movement over there" detection. Looking good so far. When I hear people talking about % complete does this take into consideration everything you've scanned? Where does it show this %?

Timesplitters 2 - Liking the cut scenes. Graphics don't seem all that. Got to get used to the controls as I'm a bit useless with them at the moment (I've pretty much been a PC FPS dude). Hoping I will like this one more as the game progresses.

Oh and with all 3 games - God knows how you save in them. Do all 3 have designated save points?

Some Metroid Prime answers:
    Also, maybe its my eyesight but I found it hard making out the first few enemies against the backgrounds except for "Some movement over there" detection.
    Use your scan visor
    Some enemies blend-in to the terrain and some don't - it's very deliberate.

When I hear people talking about % complete does this take into consideration everything you've scanned? Where does it show this %?
    It takes into account everything scanned for the first time, yes. Make sure you do a sweep of a room when you enter, scan all the computer terminals and (especially) the bosses, if you want 100%.

You know, I can't remember where you see how much scanned, it's been so long since I played it >.<
    I have a feeling it's the 'Percent Complete' figure though, which on first play everyone assumed was how far (physically) they'd got in the game.

Oh and with all 3 games - God knows how you save in them. Do all 3 have designated save points?
    Save points in MP are easily spotted (they're clearly marked on the map). You must just not have got far enough to have found one yet.

Comment

Thanks for the impressions SharkAttack. Three games I haven?t tried yet. Maybe I will some day.

The Afterthoughts section in EGM is one of my favourites, it is exactly what this is.

Comment

Working...
      X