Good/bad tech support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good/bad tech support

Just a thread to say how utterly unimpressed I am with the tech support at Sega, and conversely how excellent Blade Interactive were!

World Snooker Championship 2007 (published by Sega, developed by Blade) on the 360 has an achievement that you unlock by "winning all the championships" only many people had won them all, and hadn't had the (150 point) achievement unlock.

I became one of them, so I went through Segas tech support on their site to ask what to do. The response I got was "refer to Game FAQs." I can't believe how rubbish that is.

I then emailed Blade, and had a reply within the day detailing the achievement, and the step that people had probably missed that was preventing it from unlocking. This is how it should be done!

Sega just didn't seem to care at all

To be fair tech support isn't a hints and tips line. Sega gave you the correct information to solve you problem.

Comment

Not true, since the information they linked to was a list of achievements which I could see on the 360 anyway, one of which hadn't worked as described - they didn't attempt to find out what the problem was

Comment

yes but what step had you missed!

Comment

Well the achievement was called "win ALL the championships" and the description for it was the same, I assumed that by winning all the championships I'd get it - so I did - and I didn't.

The step I'd missed was creating a hybrid season of snooker/pool and getting into the top 16 in the world rankings in that mode. Somewhat obscure, and in no way alluded to in game! Couldn't really have linked it to "winning a championship" without specificaly being told to do it

Comment

They coulda patched that to make it unlock once you'd done what it asked rather than leaving an unexplained 150 points !

Lazy swines !!!

Comment

Working...
            X