X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mad Tracks - XBox Live Arcade (Demo)

Mad Tracks - XBox Live Arcade (Demo)

Microsoft Spiel:
    Remember the days when you played with toy cars? We remember them like yesterday... because it was. Mad Tracks is the Xbox LIVE Arcade alternative, good enough to drag us from the real thing with locations we're not allowed into anymore (restaurants, toy stores, mini-golf courses), and with four-player races across LIVE and more!
    I downloaded the demo last night, but only had 5 minutes on it, just wanted to start a thread to get the ball rolling and make people aware that it's available. Last time it was mentioned on NTSC was back in October.

The preview images made it look like a cross between Micro Machines and Trackmania, but it's more like Mario Kart than Micro Machines as it's perspective is in car/behind car as opposed to the fixed angle of Micro Machines or Mashed.

Shame really as I've spent many hours on MM and, more recently, Mashed with my chums and I hoped Mad Tracks could recreate the magic.

I'll spend some more time on it should I get chance, but in the meantime, had anybody else downloaded the demo or the full game even? Waddya reckon?

its all a bit 'meh' to be honest. only three race tracks in the demo (but quite a lot of different modes). IMO doesn’t feel anything like what I was hoping for (as you said, something like Mashed/MMachines).
    The other game modes don’t seem to have been given much thought, seems like they just had a meeting 'what can we do quickly' and then just pilled em' in.

The PC version apparently has 23 tracks and just as many modes so its a bit cheeky that the XBLA version has less than a 1/4 of this and they will be selling the other ones as DLC.....

Verdict;
    Fun for five minutes, not that bad but not that great.

Comment

'spose it could be slightly amusing in multiplayer.But for 800 points? nah,don't think so.

Comment

(Sorry, I put this in the wrong thread. I'm still new round these parts)

That's a bit cheeky, isn't it? Charging for extra tracks?! They don't miss a trick, do they?

I don't want to start the whole Marketplace good/bad argument because I generally think it's a great idea, I'm just suspicious because they never need to drop the prices. In a short while, you'll pay more for Oblivion's add-ons than for the game itself!

Comment

I was sitting uming and ahing my 800 points last night.

I think I might get that pinball.....

Comment

Would recommend pinball over this tripe all day. Such an overwhelming lack of speed its untrue. I think the best bit (which really did make me LOL) was the option "get me the hell out of here" at the end of the demo.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
              Would recommend pinball over this tripe all day. Such an overwhelming lack of speed its untrue. I think the best bit (which really did make me LOL) was the option "get me the hell out of here" at the end of the demo.
              Oh but "we are sure you enjoyed yourself"...YEA.....RIGHT.

Comment

anybody mulling this over save your 800pts and for a few quid more get Trackmania United for the pc, endless free tracks and a top racer.

Comment

I got the pinball over this.

It's ace

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                    I got the pinball over this.

It's ace
                    Don't forget to enable the camera settings..

Comment

Working...
                    X