Changes to Nintendo Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to Nintendo Stars

Anyone else logged into their Stars account today or checked their email.
    Looks like Nintendo are preparing to link the stars to Wii points.
    One of the downsides of this is that stars will expire if not used after a period of time.
    I'm guessing this is due to the millions of points left unused due to nothing worthing spending them on.

What are the chances of NOE stars being used on a US Wii?

Originally posted by smouty View Post
    One of the downsides of this is that stars will expire if not used after a period of time.
    They've always promised this, but I guess now they're about to start enforcing it :/

Got the email this morning, & accepted the new t&cs.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
      What are the chances of NOE stars being used on a US Wii?
      I've got 15,000 points, but a US Wii

Comment

I've accepted their terms but I hope they get off their arse and let me buy something with my remaining 8500 stars. There hasn't been anything fun for ages now

Comment

i remember ages ago they had a gameboy advance you could exchange stars for

i finally got enough and they didnt do it anymore ....i have not checked my stars in about 2 years now

Comment

Hateful things. Think I cashed out a lot of my stars on Donkey Konga+drums a while back.

Comment

How do you link the Wii Shop Channel to the website membership? Is it simply a case of using the same email address?

On my Stars earned section it lists all the VC stuff i've downloaded so hopefully mine has linked okay I just wanted to check with you knowledgable types.

Cheers.

Comment

I got the email and clicked on the link but couldn't see where I was supposed to accept the new terms

Comment

You login and then it prompts you.

Comment

Nintendo will collect information about the way you use your Wii and the Wii Network Services including, but not limited to, information about the games you download and/or play and how long you play them.
                    I hope the info prompts them to release a few more games.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
                      You login and then it prompts you.
                      Ah, I just logged in again and this time i prompted me, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        How do you link the Wii Shop Channel to the website membership? Is it simply a case of using the same email address?
                        I was wondering this too.

Email says:

However, you will soon be able to swap your Stars for Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue if you linked your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership.
                        Can't see anywhere on the website to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by MiaBocca View Post
                          I was wondering this too.

Email says:

Can't see anywhere on the website to do that.

You link them in the Shop Channel on your Wii console, not the website.

Comment

Originally posted by andy View Post
                            You link them in the Shop Channel on your Wii console, not the website.
                            But where? Only time I was prompted to enter my email was when I firsted switched on the console and I skipped the option because of the excitement of playing on a new console.

Haven't been able to find the email option anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi View Post
                              But where? Only time I was prompted to enter my email was when I firsted switched on the console and I skipped the option because of the excitement of playing on a new console.

Haven't been able to find the email option anywhere
                              If i go into the Shop Channel & then the settings section of it there's the option to unlink mine, so yours should have the option to link in the same place.

Comment

Working...
                              X