Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing Gamestation Service!!

Hi,

What a day i have had............ A bit of back story, I had a White PSP that i traded on here about a month or two ago, to put it plainly it was not the Mint condition stated, it was really grubby, had a slight crack in the case on the bottom and a few other things........ i was disapointed.

About 3 weeks ago i purchased a case from Gamestation, a mock leather slip case, anyway on the bus on the way home from work today i got my PSP out only to discover that the soft lining of the case had discoloured my PSP, and made it a horrible blue colour. When i got home i tryed to clean the discolouring to no avail, i was really annoyed as you can imagine!! Knowing a bit about consumer rights i realised that someone was accountable for this, but i rang trading standards just to double check my rights. They advised that it was the responsablity of the retail outlet to compensate me for my damaged PSP as they had sold me faulty goods.

I then rang my local GS and advised the manager of the situation, he said he would need to call me back because he needed to find out what he needed to do from his end. He promptly returned my call and advised he would replace my PSP, I asumed that it would just be a pre-owed traded in one.......... I was wrong, when i got to the store he gave me a full refund on the case and gave me a brand new white PSP, i was amazed.

It just goes to show that good customer service is out there!!

Langley

So which case was it you bought then?

Comment

Can I have your old blue one?

Comment

I was expecting that to be a sarcastic subject, so it's good to see that not all of the games retailers are completely inept. Good show, Gamestation!

But yeah, which case did you buy? One of those could come in handy...

Comment

I had to give them the blue PSP, and they replaced it. The case is the black Exspect one on this page: http://www.gamestation.co.uk/cat.asp...&t=accessories

Langley

Comment

That's a bit shoddy that it left a residue behind. I suppose it was never noticed by people who had a black PSP.

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever View Post
              I was expecting that to be a sarcastic subject, so it's good to see that not all of the games retailers are completely inept. Good show, Gamestation!
              Me too. I guess this is as a result of the GAME buyout. [/sarcasm]

Comment

I can beat that... While working in Seattle recently I treated myself to a 2.0ghz Mac Book and a 23' Apple Cinema HD Display, I got it back to the hotel only to find the Mac Book was faulty. The next day I went back to the shop, and a nice lady there replaced it and gave me a free wireless 'mighty mouse' for my inconvenience.

I got home and the Mac Book was again faulty... this time I went back to the shop and got a load of abuse by a different sales assistant saying I was pulling some scam and he was gonna phone the police, I told him to go for it so he got the manager. The manager came over, looked at the receipt, looked at the Mac Book then assuming they had a faulty batch told the sales assistant to go get me a more expensive 2.16ghz Mac Book while he gave me a refund for my Mac Book.

In the end I got a 2.16ghz Mac Book, 23' HD Display, and a 'mighty mouse' all for the price of the Display (about £375)... Great trip considering I was given an old Famicom by a friend there too.
                Last edited by 12-51-00; 18-06-2007, 18:22.

Comment

A faulty Mac?
                  I won't believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k View Post
                    A faulty Mac?
                    I won't believe it!
                    Yeah they're crap, I don't know why I have such loyalty to Apple. Funny thing, my G3 iMac died just as the G4 imacs came out and the display on my 17' G4 iMac died the day the G5s were announced. Conspiracy?

Comment

Similar thing happened to someone I know. After two faulty Apple laptops, a third replacement arrived, but they forgot to collect the second duff one. It turned out it was easy to fix = free mac book!

But yeah, my mac mini died for no reason. Plenty of friends Apple stuff dying too, I'm not a big fan of their hardware tbh.

Result on the PSP as well!

Comment

I've got some real down to earth, good guys workign at my local GS. They looked after me when I did a MASS trade in with my PS3.

Comment

Nothing better than getting free stuff is it? Really cheers you up

well done lads!

Comment

I should give that a shot, my PSP is a bit "off."

My screen is covered in light scratch marks and for some completely unknown reason has visible dust trapped behind it, depite me never actually opening the system up

Comment

Working...
                            X