Forza tuning thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forza tuning thread

maybe we can help each other here about which cars to get and how to upgrade them to get maxed out racing machines in each of the racing classes,
    I thought I had a pretty good NSX-do luck maxed out till B700, till I had to race a guy in an Mugen S2000 (B700), I got my ass seriously kicked by him (ofcourse it was all the car and not the skills ... ) but his car was so much faster,

so what do you guys have in each class as being "the ultimate" ?
    here I go;
    D class
    Mazda roadster, but I haven't got into D class yet so it's nothing serious

C class
    Nissan 350 (C550)
    Golf V GTI (C548)
    still not sure which one is the best...

B class
    Honda NSX Do luck(B700)
    lotus Exige (B698)
    lotus lacks top speed and acc but handles the corners really well

A class
    Porsche 996 GT3 (A850) I think my porsche is pretty good now, it handles the corners well and the speed is ok

S class
    Ferrari F430 (S998)
    Enzo (S987)
    Carrera GT (S???)

still not satisfied with my S class cars....

so from here we can check out what cars turn out to be really good when upgraded with "xxx" or "xxx" .....

I've seen fast guys swear by the upgraded Lotus Elise 135R in A class.

I might have a trawl through the TT times to see what people were using, not that this necessarily be the best for racing.

Should this be here or in Online?

Comment

Yep, you really cannot go wrong with the Elise 135r at c, b or a class. On circuits without any long straights, it is so much faster. On high-speed circuits such as New York and the Nurbugring, the Dodge 1969 Charger is by far the fastest.

Ive found the most satisfying car to drive at s or u class is the Saleen S7, it oversteers a little bit without being out of control. Getting the slide just right feels much better than in a car where you just point and hammer the throttle.

Best place to look is in the Free Run Leaderboards in Arcade mode, where you can see the best lap times for each class of car on each circuit.

Comment

I have a great Evo VIII MR which I've got maxed out at a B700. It's RAPID off the line. Acceleration is unbelievable, some cars will take it on track with many long straights like the oval track for instance but anything else and it's a monster! And as its a 4WD it corners superbly too, can just chuck it round the bends. Wanna tune it a bit more to make it more drifty though.

Comment

I can recommend this site to anyone that has problems tuning there cars.

I have used it quite a bit and it has really transformed the way some of my cars handle.

Comment

The Subaru Impreza 22B is probably the best all-round car I've discovered so far.

It's pretty light for a 4WD car (full weight reduction takes it under 1000kg) and I like the way you can provoke the tail due to the majority of the power going to its rear wheels.
            You can also modify it quite a bit and still keep it within the 700 limit for Class B. I just concentrated on upgrading the chassis and getting the weight down on mine. The tyres were standard, and so was the engine apart from one upgraded component but it still had enough grunt to pull away from everyone on Suzuka's fast sections.

Upgrade it all the way to 997/998 for Class S and it still shines. In fact it's very very quick. My car has an acceleration rating of 9.6 with benchmark figures of 0-60 in 2.6s and 0-100 in 5.7s

You can swap out the engine in it for the newer 2.5 but the power increase is minimal and it weighs quite a bit more so doesn't seem worthwhile...

Still trying to find other good cars. I've mainly been messing with the Ferraris since they sound so good

Comment

Something's been bothering me. When you upgrade the transmission to a racing straight cut sequential box, it says "shift time -0.18" for example, but the acceleration value goes red (i.e. as if it's made it worse). What's that about? Are these boxes heavier? Does not compute.

Comment

The 6-speed box is actually lighter but untill you tailor the gearing to your car, the acceleration figure almost always goes down when you add it.

Comment

Question time: I have an Acura VIS Racing which I thought I would make into the ultimate Class A/450bhp car: it's fast and stable now, but it won't turn round corners! What's the best way to remove understeer from FF cars, or should I just knock the power down?

Comment

Swallow,
                    Check out the link I posted above. Once you have made your calculations for your car it tells you how to resolve issues like you have described.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                      The Subaru Impreza 22B is probably the best all-round car I've discovered so far.
                      I used it loads in arcade mode. Very nice to drive and doesn't mind the odd trip over the kerbs

Comment

Right, I mucked about a lot with different upgrades last night.

Using an Audi S4 as a base car cos it's nice and light.
                        I tuned it up to the top of A class with a base of medium tyre and weight reduction updgrades.
                        The interesting bit is what happened next.
                        I went all out with a broad range of engine upgrades to A850 and ignored all the chassis mods.
                        I then compared my times with the complete opposite, e.g. all the chassis mods I could slap on and then any tiny remaining PI via street exhaust and intercooler.
                        The latter setup was much faster and easier to drive, even on tracks with fairly long straights like Silverstone.
                        So I guess the message is, unless it's for the street circuit, go all out on chassis mods if it's an Audi S4
                        No idea if this applies across all cars.

Comment

Or "RS4" as the game calls it.

Oh, and thanks krispyk.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                            No idea if this applies across all cars.
                            Mostly it does I reckon.

I'm quite liking the R34 Skyline V-Spec II N?r as an A-Class car. Surprisingly quick with just an intercooler upgrade once it's been lightened-up and tweaked. I compared it with a similarly-modded Audi RS4 (a different car from the normal S4 btw, Swallow) on Sebring, which has some pretty long straights and the GT-R was noticably faster, even on the straights, despite giving away about 100hp.

Comment

Working...
                            X