No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately i'm on the PS3 browser so I can't copy and paste the link, but a new interview at E3 with a head dude at Polyphony said that the damage update could be coming this fall for prologue.

He also - more suprisingly, or maybe unsprisingly as it Polyphony - said that GT5 may not be released untill 2009, or even 2010 because of the perfectionists that they are, and that at the moment their not focusing on the full game...

That's approaching Alan Wake development times!

Comment

It's good to hear that they are still aiming for an autumn update with the damage. Did they mention the weather too?

Not so good to hear that the full game is still estimated for around that time though, not really expecting that to be bought forward though.

Comment

The IGN man didn't ask about the weather unfortunately, can't see that coming very quickly though.

Like I said, I can't copy and paste the link, but if you visit the official GT5 forums, the interview's posted up there. Alternatively you could try google.

Comment

Just logged into this for the firs time in ages to find full details of the next update:

A free update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be performed beginning in the early hours (GMT) of Friday, August 1st.

The main content of this update are as follows:

IMPROVEMENTS IN DOWNLOAD SPEED
          • Improvements in download speeds for online updates and content
          GRAN TURISMO TV
          • Start of PPV (Pay Per View) Service
          • It is now possible to fast forward, rewind or move between clips when viewing content
          • It is now possible to have up to 8 simultaneous background downloads running at the same time
          • Individual downloads can now be paused or resumed
          DISTRIBUTION OF EXPANSION DATA
          • Instant distribution of My Page backgrounds added
          RACE
          • Improvements in penalty judgements
          • Improved physics during collisions between cars in Online races
          TIME TRIAL
          • The tyre selection in arcade time trials changed from 'S2' fixesd, to 'N1-S2'
          RANKING
          • it is now possible to display top lap times in all courses in a list
          • Improvements in user interface
          COMMON VEHICLE PHYSICS
          • Improved controllability when using S1-S3 and R1-R3 tyres
          • Changed calculation rules for performance points
          OPTION
          • Added [Standard Definition (SD) Display Size] in [Display Settings]
          • Moved the [Temperature] from [Network] to [Units]
          • Added Expansion Data settings and Advanced Download Option settings in [Network]
          SOUND
          • 6 BGM tracks added
          ONLINE RACE NETWORK SPECIFICATIONS CHANGED
          • Added port 5658 to the ports in Online races
          OTHER
          • Players matched in Online races now added to the [Friends] > [Players Met] menu within the system software menu
          • The time trial score from replays, time trials, drift trials and distributed demo replays are now displayed after the replay. For distributed demos the Online ID is also displayed here
          • Maual updated
          IMPORTANT NOTICE
          • Please make sure to read the contents of the 'Please read before Update' news entry before proceeding with the update
          The 'Please read before Update' post is online too but it's quite big so I can't be bothered typing that up too.

Comment

Some more details on GT-TV have gone up on threespeech. They seem to have streamlined the download service quite a bit which was definately needed.

Comment

Looks good. I do like the updates they have been doing. They always add some new additions, e.g. Racing lines in event mode, more events cars etc which is always cool. Hopefully the download speed will be decent.

Comment

I suck at this game, I've tried some of the cups for what seems like hours and I just can't get silver or gold. lol. still love playing it though.

Comment

I've got the Japanese version of Prologue and I can't for the life of me update the bugger. It starts, gets about 5-10 minutes in and then pops up with an error. Worse still, the error just says that there was an error

Comment

Some more details on friday's update to the game.
                    Originally posted by Playstation Blog
                    On Friday, August 1st, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue owners will receive a significant update that will take their racing and automotive experience to a new level.

The heart of this update is a new line-up of exciting automotive programming for ?Gran Turismo TV?, our in-game automotive media channel. Gearheads will enjoy a host of new free and pay-per-view programming, including ?Top Gear?, UK?s premier car entertainment program, and Japan?s ?Best Motoring? video magazine, dedicated to the pursuit of the pleasure of driving.

Whether you?re in the mood to tour Ferrari?s factory in Italy with Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi, or to be insulted by Jeremy Clarkson talking trash about your favorite cars, or even sitting down to watch some mad Japanese race drivers play ?car soccer?, there is a variety of choices for all types of car fans. Gran Turismo TV is housed within Gran Turismo 5 Prologue so access and videos is all in-game!

A few other notes about Gran Turismo TV for you to keep in mind:
                    • For the first two weeks only, we are providing all pay-per-view content for at a discounted price of $.99! It?s a good way to get a taste Gran Turismo TV. The HD content we shoot for our exclusive stuff looks pretty amazing. Following the initial two-week period, content will start at $1.99. So start downloading away!
                    • Be sure to check the full content list for a full content list, as we will be adding new programs on a regular basis.
                    • Gran Turismo TV will also include new features that allow viewers to fast forward, rewind, and move between chapters when viewing video content.
                    • Viewers can download up to 8 episodes simultaneously and pause individual downloads.
                    Personally, I would like to find some American content to beef-up the roster. What do you think? We welcome any suggestions you may have.

In addition, other gameplay enhancements come with this update, like fixes in penalty judgments, more tire choices for Time Trial and improved physics during collisions between cars during online races (YES! We?ve been carefully monitoring players behaviors online and all your comments on the forums.)

Stay tuned for more updates on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue in the future. See you online!

Comment

I wish they'd add a new course, you remember that car-show only version that had the nurburgring on it. sigh, that'd be proper bo.

Comment

Update is out, downloading now

Comment

I got the update, to which it deleted my save file! Luckily It was only a completed version off of Gamefaqs. Still have my proper save on USB.

Comment

oh mang, that would suck

I didn't back up mine, I love how the update download progress bar flicks up and down a bit too, odd.

Comment

.. update complete, and my save game is still fine

Comment

GTbyCITRO?N: TAKING SPORTSCAR DESIGN INTO A NEW DIMENSION

The amazing GTbyCITRO?N is the first ever car to be specifically designed to bring the virtual and real worlds together. The car makes its global premiere at the Paris Motor Show where visitors can actually drive the car in a true to life simulator on the Citro?n stand.

GTbyCITRO?N, a joint venture between Citro?n and the makers of Gran Turismo, was created for the eagerly anticipated 5th game in the multi-million selling Playstation series.

At almost five metres long, GTbyCITRO?N packs the latest hi-tech racing equipment into an exaggerated sporty frame. Planted on 21-inch, diamond-effect, aluminium wheels, the car?s gullwing doors, over-sized rear end with mobile spoiler, gaping air intakes and flat underside exude the qualities of an accomplished racer.

With chrome chevrons on the smooth, aerodynamic, front end asserting the car?s Citro?n identity, the GTbyCITRO?N is bursting with styling cues typical of the Company?s creative flair. The sharp lines and sculpted body are emphasised by the white-to-grey flared paint work which gives the car a forceful look and an impression of speed - even when it?s standing still.

The sleekly muscled racer sports a large wraparound windscreen adding to the impact of the car?s size and dynamic appearance. Penetrating blue LED headlamps and slim-line carbon fibre rear view mirrors - which appear to be suspended in mid-air - add to GTbyCITRO?N?s futuristic racing style.

Premium materials used throughout GTbyCITRO?N?s hi-tech interior reflect the car?s distinguished and refined personality. In contrast to its light body work, the cabin features a darker, more brooding colour scheme with two padded racing seats finished in black leather and fitted with four point harnesses. The dark leather, along with copper and steel touches inside the cabin and a low-slung driving position, create an opulent and powerful racing environment. Important on-board data is displayed via a red LED head-up display, allowing drivers to maintain focus on the track.

In the game, the GTbyCITRO?N showcases Citro?n?s dedication to the environment with an electric drive train powered by a fuel cell, totally eliminating pollutant emissions.

Kazanori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc and creator of Gran Turismo, commented, ?GTbyCITRO?N shows how the worlds of virtual and real-life motoring can join together to create a truly innovative partnership. To see the GTbyCITRO?N take shape in our game studios and then for real has been a truly unique experience - as our work normally stays in the digital world.?

It looks like Yamauchi has been watching Speed Racer a little too much!

Citro?n Officially Reveals GTbyCITRO?N, Joint Venture Concept With Gran Turismo Creators

Comment

Working...
                                X