Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason why Forza2 was a summer release? ... Gran Turismo 5

Comment

That trailer is excellent, but are they actually doing anything new with this other than some nice visuals?

They keep improving the visuals and physics only to plonk it into the same core game as the original playstation title.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
        The reason why Forza2 was a summer release? ... Gran Turismo 5
        GT5 ain't out until, (possibly Xmas) 2008 Its just a glorified demo this year. Though even that, I can see the car models scaring Microsofts effort on Forza, even if the environments end up being rough around the edges, most people will just look at the car model closeups and instantly pass GT5:P off as being more impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
          http://www.gamersyde.com/news_4678_en.html

New trailer from today's Japanese Sony press event. The cars look outstanding. The track (and in particular the trees on an overhead shot) less so.
          Holy beeping beep that looks beeping amazing, can't wait for this beeper! Ace music to!

Did anyone notice the Namco logo on Suzuka? Climax also added it on their Xbox Moto GP games, even though Namco also make the same games for that franchise. It show how realistic and authentic these developers go.
          Last edited by MarioMark; 17-07-2007, 14:12. Reason: Typo :(

Comment

Just watched it again and notice this... (see below)

I suppose these are the little cut corner things they have to do when you're trying to get it to look that good in 1080p at 60FPS. We won't notice it when driving though.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by MarioMark; 17-07-2007, 13:37.

Comment

*drools*

The focus thing pisses me off though. In general, not just GT5.

edit: It's subtle in the video though, looks fine. 12 cars? Grass moving the draft caused by a car? Modelled interiors? Nice.
              Last edited by Commander Marklar; 17-07-2007, 13:55.

Comment

Is there any in-game footage yet?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Is there any in-game footage yet?
                  The graphics in that movie are in game, but there is no footage of the game being played live if that's what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman View Post
                    GT5 ain't out until, (possibly Xmas) 2008 Its just a glorified demo this year. Though even that, I can see the car models scaring Microsofts effort on Forza, even if the environments end up being rough around the edges, most people will just look at the car model closeups and instantly pass GT5:P off as being more impressive.
                    I'd wager serious money on GT5 looking the business in all departments. The PS2 doesn't produce very flattering visuals, the PS3 has all the grunt Polyphony have always needed.

I still think Microsoft rushed-out Forza2 in the summer, because they know it's not spectacular, and would look a quite weak compared to GT5 Prologue and probably other xmas racers.

People defend Forza2, because it does look nice. Graphics are at a point, where even mediocre can look good. It takes something really special to blow people away. I haven't read anyone say they were stunned by the Forza2 visuals. Most just say "Job done" .... not, "I was blown away"

Maybe next year, Microsoft will announce Forza3, and a host of improvements: weather, better car models, lighting etc... I don't think they will. Maybe Polyphony will deliver the shot in the arm Sony so badly need this gen.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                      I still think Microsoft rushed-out Forza2 in the summer, because they know it's not spectacular, and would look a quite weak compared to GT5 Prologue and probably other xmas racers.
                      Maybe, but the game got delayed until Summer, it was supposed to be Xmas 2006. The games still great though.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                        Maybe, but the game got delayed until Summer, it was supposed to be Xmas 2006. The games still great though.
                        Very nice game. Feels a bit lacking in overall substance, but there's no doubting its niceness.

If they had released it in 2006, and it was the same, most people wouldn't be comparing it with GT5. The fact that it got delayed until the summer, and GT5 is being promoted, means it is being compared.

I can't see Turn10 delivering Forza3 in the next year or two. If at Xmas, GT5 does look far better than Forza2, I think a lot of race fans will switch to the PS3.

As much as I appreciate the visuals in Forza2, I in no way think they're as good as they should be from a dev-team who were created to take on Sony/Polyphony. It just goes to show how vital a weapon Polyphony are in Sony's arsenal.
                        Last edited by Leon Retro; 17-07-2007, 14:40.

Comment

Sony/Polyphony the people that cant do damage modelling that effects the way the cars perform, the people that cant do car customisation and i very much doubt that GT5 will have anywhere near as good online implementation as Forza 2 (auction house etc). Ok the graphics werent as great as they could have been but they are by no means awful are they.

I still feel its Sony/Polyphony that have to catch the Forza team not the other way round, guess we'll see if Polyphony actually wake up when they are making GT5 IMO it has to be a vast improvement over GT4 in all areas becuase that just felt stale to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                            The graphics in that movie are in game, but there is no footage of the game being played live if that's what you mean.
                            Yeah, I meant "not replay". E.g. Forza's replays look better than the game actually being played, with all sorts of extra effects added.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Yeah, I meant "not replay". E.g. Forza's replays look better than the game actually being played, with all sorts of extra effects added.
                              No footage yet no. I think the reason why the replays look better visually on Forza 2 and GT:HD is because they lock the replys at 30FPS, maybe that's so the can add better draw distance and more anti-analyzing, to give it that cinematic look. So maybe the footage we've just seen of this won't look as good as it does when playing?

Comment

all I read here about GT5 is how great its gonna look...... and yes it does look very nice indeed, and they always had great presentation and marvelous repays...........
                                just to bad it won't play nearly as good as Forza2 does, I've played the GTHD demo and it just not good enough anymore, there is almost no feel in steering , throttle and brake with the PS3 controller compared to the control you have over the cars in Forza2 with the 360 controller,
                                If GT5 is gonna play like the GTHD demo, than I won't be getting it for sure, IMO the GT series got worse with every part, just the graphics got better and better.
                                It's a shame most people will only look at how totally amazing the graphics of GT5 are gonna be, but forget how great Forza2 is playing, and how good they put the online stuuf into the game, I'm curious to see how well Sony is going to do it online with GT5...

Comment

Working...
                                X