No announcement yet.

Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along with every other Gran Turismo, this is a day 1 purchase.

The amount of disciplines and courses is simply staggering.

Comment

Comment

I hope the cockpit view is accurate with regards to handling , everytime you see a demo where people drive in the cockpit view on GT5 or forza, they always start to swerve all over the place, because it looks so hard to judge having such a small view ,but hopefully thou its down to handling tuning and practice I'm sure with time you can get used to it , I still prefer the bumper view thou as you can judge the corners easier.

Comment

I'm really interested in what the soundtrack is going to be like also. I wasn't fond of the GT4 soundtrack, and it's something that to me, really made GT1 and 2 more enjoyable.

Comment

If this game has a good selection of Alfa Romeos, the original Mini and a good selection of old stuff then I'll get a PS3 for it. Forza 3's 2010 model add on packs are really making me cross.

Comment

I never used to enjoy these confined cockpit views, preferring the bumper cam for the feeling of speed and being able to see properly. Since starting to drive, I now enjoy the cockpit view for the realism. I still flick to bumper cam now and then, though!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                I'm really interested in what the soundtrack is going to be like also. I wasn't fond of the GT4 soundtrack, and it's something that to me, really made GT1 and 2 more enjoyable.
                Music in gt is a waste of time. Let us hope for burbling flat 4's, whining superchargers, noisy v-tec's and growling V8's.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                  That looks ridiculously good to be honest!!

I'm hoping that there will be the option to chose the time as well rather than it just working out the time and weather that's actually at the track your racing on.

I wonder if they'll have real time 24 hour races in the game, not sure if a PS3 could stay on for that long before exploding though. I know they have both the 24 Hours N?rburgring and the 24 Le Mans race licensed so I suppose it's possible they may go for it.

Having said that, I think that the Circuit de la Sarthe is probably the most boring track in motor racing so I'll be trying to avoid the one lap Le Mans race as well as the 24 hour version.

Le Mans have three drivers sharing the workload, and I don't think it can work for Video game (24 hrs race)

Comment

There are two types of car in Gran Turismo, apparently: premium cars and standard cars. The latter, it's worth noting, are only standard by Yamauchi's exacting principles: there's over 800 of them, they cover the majority of the vehicles included in all the previous Gran Turismo games, including the PSP version, and they've been optimised and upscaled for the PS3.

The 200 premium cars that take the final count past the 1000 mark are something else, however. The premiums have been lavished with a slightly worrying amount of detail - every single screw is visible in the hubs, the interiors have been recreated down to the stitching (standard cars won't have interiors, which is a bit sad, but there are, like, 800 of them), and their undersides have been comprehensively modelled to take into account a new physics system which, along with allowing for dents and scratches, can sends your ride flipping through the air during collisions.

The day before yesterday, everybody in the games industry convinced themselves that Lady Gaga was going to turn up at A…

Comment

Is there a list anywhere of all the cars included? I want to be able to relive my car owning history on the top gear track...............

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
                        Is there a list anywhere of all the cars included? I want to be able to relive my car owning history on the top gear track...............
                        Nothing official but this list here shows what has either been confirmed or semi-confirmed so far.

Comment

All my recent stuff's in there, but no cr-x's from my yoof.

Comment

I think the chances of a CRX being in there is pretty high, afaik they've been in every other game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
                              Nothing official but this list here shows what has either been confirmed or semi-confirmed so far.
                              Hope there are more Ferrari's in this...as this is the first true GT game with the license, it needs twice as many IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by englishbob View Post
                                Hope there are more Ferrari's in this...as this is the first true GT game with the license, it needs twice as many IMO.
                                Yeah i'd like to see a Daytona confirmed, I suppose one of the benefits of this gen is they can always add extra cars at a later date if that ends up as the complete list of Ferrari's for now, i'm sure they'll be a few more though. Either way, a 1000 cars to start with is more than enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X