Streetfighter II Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streetfighter II Turbo

Anyone downloaded this? Really tempted to get it but the fact I bored of the original SFII on XBLA within a few days is putting me off. Also interested to hear what's it like played with the classic controller, I imagine pretty good but would like conformation.

Well I haven't got this but bought the original SF2 on SNES VC and the classic controller works great. But I barely played after the first 30-second nostalgia buzz wore off.

Comment

Why would you possibly want this over the XBLA version? Unless you don't have a DOA4 stick perhaps, or even a 360. Otherwise you'd have to be seriously brain damaged or something along those lines. Just to clarify that SF2 Turbo is the same as SF2 Hyper Fighting which is on XBLA. Arcade>>>>>>>>>SFC x1,000,000.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        Why would you possibly want this over the XBLA version? Unless you don't have... ...a 360.
        Own question answered.

Comment

Is it really the same version? I remember the SNES SFII Turbo being much, much faster than the XBLA version which is unbearably slow even on 4 stars.

Comment

I'm 100% sure that XBLA has SF2 Hyper Fighting, considering it was the only game other than RR6 that I actually played on my 360. If you have both a 360 and a Wii it's a no brainer (well apart from the maybe not having a DOA4 stick issue, unless you don't mind the 360 d-pad of course). I can't remember you being able to adjust speed on teh XBLA version, whereas on the SFC one you can do the 10 star cheat, or "8" stars if you lived over here.

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
            Own question answered.
            It was a rhetorical question.
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 04-07-2007, 16:02.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

So what was the insanely fast version of SFII called? It had something like an 8 star speed setting, and is the version I like most.

Comment

It was a rhetorical question.
                Doesn't quite work posting those on a discussion forum.

And even then it was an odd thing to say given that it's being made available on two entirely different consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                  Doesn't quite work posting those on a discussion forum.

And even then it was an odd thing to say given that it's being made available on two entirely different consoles.
                  I'm odd as you know. I don't think I'd be far wrong to suggest that a whole bunch of NTSCers do not only have a Wii, but also a 360.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                    So what was the insanely fast version of SFII called? It had something like an 8 star speed setting, and is the version I like most.
                    Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                      This was just the SFC or MD version of SF2 Hyper Fighting. You could adjust the speed to your liking.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I can't remember you being able to adjust speed on teh XBLA version, whereas on the SFC one you can do the 10 star cheat, or "8" stars if you lived over here.
                        Ahh, it was a cheat. Okay, that makes sense. Thought I was going crazy for a moment. My next question, then, is can someone confirm the speed cheat works on the VC version?

Comment

It's gotta be so if it is the actual SFC game no? You could also do the cheat in VS mode and it would allow you to turn off special moves if you wanted.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'd have thought it's there too but don't wanna download it without prior confiirmation as VC games aren't always identical to the originals as the inability to save ghosts in Mario Kart 64 and inability to super-deform the ships in F-Zero X proved.
                            Last edited by Charlie; 04-07-2007, 16:59. Reason: general buffoonery

Comment

Working...
                            X