VC Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VC Recommendations?

I've downloaded quite a few games so far which I know that I'll enjoy but I'm looking for some recommendations from other people of good quality games.

Any advice would be appreciated!

At the moment I have these:
    Bomberman '93
    Dead Moon
    Donkey Kong Country
    Donkey Kong Country 2
    F Zero
    F Zero X
    Gunstar Heroes
    Kirby's Adventure
    Lylat Wars
    Mario Kart 64
    R-Type III
    Super Castlevania IV
    Super Mario 64
    Super Mario Bros
    Super Mario Bros 2
    Super Mario World
    Zelda: Link to The Past

I also have some of the others which are available in retro packs on the PS2 and Gamecube so I won't be buying those again.

Basically, if you think a game is good and I've not mentioned it...tell me!

Cheers!!!

Oh yeah, I have nearly 9000 points...

EDIT:
    I should say that I have read through the reviews here.
    Last edited by JP; 04-07-2007, 22:12.

Excitebike may be a good one. You have most of the considered classics already!

Comment

Thanks!

I'd been thinking of that one as I'd never played the game. What put me off though was bad memories of ExciteTruck on the Wii!!!

Is is comparable to that?

Comment

You're missing a Sonic, as I'm sure you know, but I'd also recommend Ristar (a great platformer) and Ecco 2 (a stunning swim-em-up). Have a look at the reviews for the two of those but I'd wholeheartedly recommend them.

Comment

Star Soldier and Gunhed (Blazing Lazers) on the TBGFX are both excellent vertical shooters.

You also appear to 'missing' Super Probotector (Contra III) from your SNES list!
          Last edited by Ratso; 05-07-2007, 12:17. Reason: Spelunk

Comment

Beyond Oasis is a much overlooked but great title. Well worth buying.

Comment

Actraiser and Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts are well worth a download. Be warned, the latter's hard as nails though. Gradius III's pretty good too, especially if you enjoyed R-Type.

Comment

legend of mystical ninja ! excellent quirky 1-2 player coop

Comment

Wonderboy in Monster World is a personal fave.

And for anyone not aware of it.

Virtual Console Reviews

Comment

Golden Axe and Alien Storm are worth getting.

Comment

Originally posted by burntoutbanger View Post
                      Wonderboy in Monster World is a personal fave.

And for anyone not aware of it.

Virtual Console Reviews
                      Was that the game built-in to the Mastersystem with the rock, paper, scissors minigame? If it is, I wasted much of my youth playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                        Was that the game built-in to the Mastersystem with the rock, paper, scissors minigame? If it is, I wasted much of my youth playing it.
                        No. I think that was Alex Kidd in Miracle World.

Comment

Yeah, it was Alex Kidd, you're right. That was a fun game.

Comment

Thanks all!!

Sonic, Ristar & Ecco 2 - I've already got these on retro packs. I've bought quite a few since starting all these downloads...it's a lot cheaper that way lol.

Star Soldier, Gunhed & Super Probotector (Contra III) - I've not heard of the first 2 so I'll look into those! I didn't realise SP was Contra III...that'll be mine soon!!

Beyond Oasis - Not heard of that one either but will definately have a look around for info on it!

Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, Gradius III's - Again, I have these two in retro packs.

Legend of Mystical Ninja - Really loved that game and will have to download it!!! Hopefully the N64 version will end up there too.

Wonderboy in Monster - Really like the look of that. Is it on the PAL VC also as it's shown on the Genesis there?

Golden Axe & Alien Storm - Don't get upset people but I really, really hate Golden Axe. Not sure if I've played Alien Storm, it sounds familiar so I'll have a look into that one.

Again, thanks for the ideas and feel free to keep the coming! Hopefully we'll get some new stuff on there soon too!

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                              Thanks all!!

Wonderboy in Monster - Really like the look of that. Is it on the PAL VC also as it's shown on the Genesis there?
                              Yeah, it's definately on the PAL VC as I've got it from there.

Can't wait to see Fantasy Zone (MD) on there.
                              Last edited by burntoutbanger; 05-07-2007, 18:41. Reason: added game I'd like to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X