This month's Edge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This month's Edge.

Best front cover in the last twelve months if you ask me. Back cover ****, but front cover exceptional.

Scores?

Comment

Really? Oh...

Darkness 7
      Shadowrun 6
      Ninja Gaiden 8
      Flatout:UC 7
      Overlord 7
      Call of Juarez 5
      Nucleus 4
      Super Stardust 8
      Mario Party 4
      Resi Evil 9

**** month for gaming really unless you like some of the above. Like always then. In fact (after Resi) the best game to be featured this month is in Time Extended. It's Gregory Horror Show.

Comment

I love Gregory Horror show. In fact I might play it again.

If you can imagine it was made with realistic characters and setting it would be one of the most unsettling games ever (far fetched I know).

Comment

Good scores for Ninja Gaiden and Super Stardust. Thought Darkness was worth an 8 at least. Oh well, will wait and see what they've got to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
            I love Gregory Horror show. In fact I might play it again.

If you can imagine it was made with realistic characters and setting it would be one of the most unsettling games ever (far fetched I know).
            You don't think it's perfect the way it is? Odd.

Comment

The cover story (the new FPS by DICE) - does it have any solid information or even screens?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                The cover story (the new FPS by DICE) - does it have any solid information or even screens?
                Big feature, no screens.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
                  You don't think it's perfect the way it is? Odd.
                  Fair point but I always thought the 'concept' of the game was scary in itself. Like I said I love it to bits but (see other thread) it would be rife ground for a re-make to hit a larger audience.

Comment

Just received my subs copy. It is a nice cover too.

It's strange have the main feature with no proper screens - it's all art and ideas.

'Making Of' is Star Wars: KOTOR and there's a two-page story on the Red Ring of Death which includes a small Q&A with GT Electronics.

Comment

That Resi score is for Resi 4 Wii presumably? Interesting to see them giving it a better score than the original, especially since they seem to mark down remakes, sequels etc purely out of principle.

I'm in on the Gregory Horror Show love-in too. It's got bags of character and a quirky, thought-provoking premise. Videogame stalking / voyeurism FTW!

Comment

Sounds like an interesting issue, will have to pick this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                          That Resi score is for Resi 4 Wii presumably? Interesting to see them giving it a better score than the original, especially since they seem to mark down remakes, sequels etc purely out of principle.
                          Both versions (Wii and GC) scored 9/10

Big feature, no screens.
                          Anything interesting? Just wondering what all the fuss is about, changing the way we play first person shooters, etc etc.

Comment

Edge costs ?15 here and is 8 weeks late.

(So forgive me for asking!)

What the the major gripes with Darkness? 7 is a good score, but first play reads more like an 8-9 game.

Interested to hear their major concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                              I'm in on the Gregory Horror Show love-in too. It's got bags of character and a quirky, thought-provoking premise. Videogame stalking / voyeurism FTW!
                              Replay: Appreciate?

Comment

Working...
                              X