Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Achieving achievements (prizes sent - winnners please check your email)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does happen, trouble was when it did for me, the screen was so full of blocks I couldn't rotate and move it into place in time. Patience tester that one

Comment

3 Prizes now all sent. Winners, please check your email!

Comment

Got it, thanks again. Won't be able to add them till Thurs though. Damn moving house nonsense...

Comment

Same here - added with many thanks !

Forgot about writing this too, it felt like "my live in 36,419 points".

Comment

to be honest....when i first heard of achievement points i thought microsoft points and achievement points were the same thing......i thought that was a cool idea you could buy games from points you got by doing well in other games

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
              to be honest....when i first heard of achievement points i thought microsoft points and achievement points were the same thing......i thought that was a cool idea you could buy games from points you got by doing well in other games
              I would love them to do this, it makes so much sense from a gamers point of view.
              I can't see it being that much of a drain for MS' resources. People buy more retail games to win more points to play more LIVE games ad infinitum.

Would be a stonking move to further promote the 360 as my 'console of the generation'.

Comment

Of course, the fact is that the people who have most achievement points are those with more games. I have a friend who has somewhere in the region of 46,000 gamer points and he has some ridiculous number of games including the likes of TMNT and Xmen: The Official Game. He's played 112 - I own about 14.

All I'm saying is that the majority of financial benefit would go to people with more money than sense.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                  All I'm saying is that the majority of financial benefit would go to people with more money than sense.
                  And less taste... There can be some valid reasons for playing overly ****e games - and gamerpoints isn't one of them.

Comment

well if the the achievement points and microsoft points were the same thing....then even rubbish games would sell if they had easy points

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                      well if the the achievement points and microsoft points were the same thing....then even rubbish games would sell if they had easy points
                      Possibly. I'm skint on the run-up to Sensi (20pts short FFS!) although I'd happily play some 1-player PSU in order to ding the fee.

The problem with that is you could easily borrow games from friends to rip-off the system.

Comment

The games wouldn't sell, rentals would just go through the roof, in which case Microsoft will be getting not much return on all the free stuff they're giving out.

What's to stop people buying one easy game, and finishing it 50 times on 50 profiles and getting 50 free Arcade games? Obviously 1000GS wouldn't equate to a free game, but you see my point.

And there's a load of games which Gamerscore can be cheated from, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                        X