Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bomberman Live! & Yie Ar Kung Fu coming next wednesday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomberman Live! & Yie Ar Kung Fu coming next wednesday...

Can I get a hell yeah!

I played Bomberman XBLA about 4 weeks ago on a debug unit (offline only unfortunately) and I had hoped it would get released as soon as possible because, quite frankly its the first XBLA game thats actually worth every penny of the 800 points.

Its on Wed 18th along with Yie Ar Kung Fu (400 points)...

Get ready for some serious multiplayer nostalgia guys.

i'd imagine 8 player bomberman over live is going to be amazing, type of game where you can still get a match easily a year after its released.

it would almost seem impossible to mess this one up !

Comment

I can put my hand on my heart right now as say they havent messed it up at all. They've done a brilliant conversion on this one, not just a lazy port.

I havent sampled the online multiplayer yet so hopefully that will be just as good, hoping lag doesnt play too much of an issue... but from what I've seen first hand its the Snes version with crisp HD visuals, extra modes, improved animations and customisable bomberman options as well.

Offline when I played we had a riot in 4 player and only focused on the normal classic mode but even there you had a wealth of host options for configuring match length, whether weapons were burnable, sudden death and you could even pick which weapon sets could be used.

Put it this way, having played it offline for just 30 minutes I am buying this one straight out without even checking the demo. Its the Bomberman we know and love...

Oh and one last thing, it defaults to a 3D isometric view which just doesnt work as well as the normal top down view. You have to click the right thumbstick to change view.

Comment

I'm very excited about this. This is perfect for xbox live.

Comment

I hope online works a little better than the DS version - that had pretty bad lag with 4 players...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            Oh and one last thing, it defaults to a 3D isometric view which just doesnt work as well as the normal top down view. You have to click the right thumbstick to change view.
            Phew, I am glad to hear that. I didn't think it would work too well with the isometric slant!

Comment

Thanks for the info nonny.

After 2 treats this week with Sonic and Golden Axe i'm very excited about Bomberman. Sounds ace!

God I love my 360.

Comment

Bomberman might make me part with some Microsoft Points.

Comment

im actually quite excited about this release, im just gutted wEds night is the one night this week i have to spend with the missus as shes doing other stuff all week.. :/

Comment

Bomberman and SOR2, I cannot wait for. Points bought and ready...

Comment

Bomberman should be groovy - might even tempt me to play online

Comment

I'm praying that Bomberman doesn't look like a homebrew or flash game. I just want it to look top quality.(i.e Saturn version, or maybe SNES )

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Looks good, certainly nice to add the customisation features. Also from earlier comments i understand the view can be changed from top down to an isometric view. Looks well worth 800 points.

Comment

Originally posted by RuBiQ View Post
                            im just gutted wEds night is the one night this week i have to spend with the missus as shes doing other stuff all week.. :/
                            2-player Bomberman?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                              2-player Bomberman?
                              nope

dinner, shrek2 dvd and early night she has planned :/

Comment

Working...
                              X