"Re-ee-start... and the crowd say Bo Selecta!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocarina of time - Forest Temple

I can still play the music in my head, the whole atmosphere was just sublime in that level, something Ico reminded me of to some extent too.

Comment

I always loved the facility level on Goldeneye. Dropping in through the toilet, killing all the scientists. Great fun.

Comment

Pretty much any parts in CoD 1 or 2, but specifically the level in CoD 2 (I think, or it might be one of the expansions) where you have to defend a bridge until reinforcements arrive.
        Or the level where you start off in a bomber.

Comment

Super Mario Bros - World 1-1, World 1-2, warp zone-tastic!

Resi 4
          - The village.

Silent Hill 2 - Right after the long walk into town, when you're basically just running around the abandoned city, soaking up the atmosphere and ambient soundtrack as you go.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (360)- The second stage, Securing President Balantine. Flying into Mexico City, shooting the **** out of it with a chain gun and dropping straight into the action without a single loading stop made me stop questioning the wisdom of my next-gen investment!

Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast) - The whole thing is so immediate and oozing with fun it'd be a crime not to play it at least once. Another game that convinced me to buy the machine.

Super Castlevania IV
          - The first stage - what a way to set the scene. You enter the drawbridge and it creaks slowly shut. Then suddenly, massive iron fences erupt from the ground with a groan and the music start. That opening tune sends shivers down my spine!

Zelda: A Link to the Past - Following your dad in the rain, finding him pwned in the dungeon and rescuing Princess Zelda. Another memorable intro.

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
          I always loved the facility level on Goldeneye. Dropping in through the toilet, killing all the scientists. Great fun.
          This.

Comment

Gare D'Europa probably the best-designed WipEout track there is. it's the one i always select first. best played in the Piranha class, and with the intention of destroying the rest of the opposition. if i can't waste 4 or 5 craft in the first lap, i just have to restart.

Welcome to the Black Mesa Transit System not really playable except for trying to crouch-jump out the windows or hogging the disabled space, but i love traveling along that section, watching everyone go about their day. then it all kicks off.

Comment

The bit where you first step into the castle in Castlevania Symphony of The Night. The music kicks in, and you just think to yourself: "**** me".

Comment

Daytona USA : I think it's called "777" circuit ?

The way it kicked off panning round the car with "Rolling Staaaaaaaaart" blaring out the speakers and the funky music kicked in - magic.

Afterburner - If you were of an age where you got the chance to experience the deluxe hydraulic afterburner cab with the sound right up it was absolutely sonically electrifying from the coin credit noise in.

VF2 : Again, Super Mega-Lo setup, the music was fantastic - all of it

Ridge Racer : Rare Hero on the original Ridge Racer arcade machine - hair on neck fully prickled ><

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                  The bit where you first step into the castle in Castlevania Symphony of The Night. The music kicks in, and you just think to yourself: "**** me".

Aye. Forgot about that. Totally stunning. Worth the 60 notes I paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                  X