Wonderful ideas for games you've had...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful ideas for games you've had...

Not sure it's relevant in this forum but...

Before you start I had this idea long before Resident Evil outbreak came along. Yes I do like Dawn of the dead too

Zombie thing:

Combining the engine of GTA3 with bits of Spy vs Spy and George Romero films.

You're one of a group (online or with AI players) trying to survive in a city full of the undead. There's a helicopter on the roof but several parts are missing and it's your job to locate parts for it/fuel/food/weapons to protect your group from the legions of the undead and other rival human gangs who want to steal your escape route out. Multiplayer could feature team games and multiple ways out of the city, but each with boobytrap/sabotage potential.

You can move and shoot at the same time (with certain weapons), if you get bitten your health gradually declines until you become one of the undead (in multiplayer you can walk around like this infecting the opposition). It could feature biker gangs, cops, nurse zombies.

Imagine leading a gang of zombie to the opposition's base and sneaking in the back to steal a part whilst they're dealing with the zombie hordes!

Ahh I can dream I suppose...

It was either this or DC vs Marvel. Batman vs Spider-Man, mmm.

I have sold many of my gaming ideas to developers over the years. A few of the games I came up with were Pacman, Donkey Kong, Lemmings, Sonic. Sadly after I sold the idea for Rise of the Robots I havent been able to find any work since

I do have an idea, not for a game, but for a way to utilise a sword in a game. If the movement of the sword is done by the right analogue stick it would offer a more natural motion. sweeping it left and right would make the sword swipe left and right, pressed forward would instigate a stab motion etc. I dont think that any game with a sword has used this yet (although I havent played any of the recent Star Wars titles so that may use a similar system).

Comment

I have had some fantastic ideas for games. I sen tone to Nintendo but they just fob you off.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
        I do have an idea, not for a game, but for a way to utilise a sword in a game. If the movement of the sword is done by the right analogue stick it would offer a more natural motion. sweeping it left and right would make the sword swipe left and right, pressed forward would instigate a stab motion etc. I dont think that any game with a sword has used this yet (although I havent played any of the recent Star Wars titles so that may use a similar system).
        Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty uses something very similar I seem to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty uses something very similar I seem to remember.
          True - left and right for horizontal slashes, up and down for vertical slashes, click the stick for a stab and do one full rotation for a spinning slice, while you could modify any slash to hit with the flat edge of the sword for a knockout blow with the weapon button and also use the sword to block a few bullets with the lock-on button.

It was an interesting change, getting to slash your way through waves of sword and machine gun toting ninjas with Snake as your support, but that final fight - grrrr!

Comment

I have two great ides for games which could be stunning if put to proper use.

In a few years once I've worked up the QA field, I could put them to practise. Dont worry, if get that far, I'll let you guys & girls know...

If you care.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
              I knew it would have been a good idea

Comment

Die by the Sword on PC had a great control method for a sword like that where you used a mouse. The speed you moved the mouse was the speed your sword moved etc. It was unbelievably hard to hit anything, but totally fun!

Comment

I think team Viewtiful's next game should be Kung Fu Chimps.
                  After seeing Charlie (officially the hardest monkey in the world) in the Sunday Sport 3 weeks ago it insired me to think of a Kung Fu Chimp game.
                  Same type of game as VJ with different chapters etc. Only thought up a few chapter names so far.
                  1) Spank the Monkey (obviously)
                  2) My Mate's a Primate
                  3) Monkey Business
                  4) Jungle Fever
                  5) Top Banana

And you have to err..... hit people and things, and score points.

Comment

A Snatcher / Bladerunner detective story game using the Shenmue engine and FREE concept.
                    Lots of hanging around futuristic bars and nightclubs, some shooting.
                    That would keep me happy for a bit

Comment

I enjoyed this brief from this thread:

A shmup where you play death. You ride on your pale horse firing of your sickle as humanity attempts to fight back. Whole armies would rise over hills and you'd see squadrons taking off as you flew over various countries.

The sprites would be relatively small and the screen would have to be extra long with a special monitor, like twice the ratio of height to width that a regular tate monitor has so that hundreds of enemies could be displayed at once. You'd see all of Florida's air corp taking off from various bases and flying up to meet you, only to plunk back down into the Atlantic as you wiped them out...

Comment

Lactose Intollerant wrote:
                        Before you start I had this idea long before Resident Evil outbreak came along. Yes I do like Dawn of the dead too

Zombie thing:

Combining the engine of GTA3 with bits of Spy vs Spy and George Romero films.

You're one of a group (online or with AI players) trying to survive in a city full of the undead. There's a helicopter on the roof but several parts are missing and it's your job to locate parts for it/fuel/food/weapons to protect your group from the legions of the undead and other rival human gangs who want to steal your escape route out. Multiplayer could feature team games and multiple ways out of the city, but each with boobytrap/sabotage potential.

You can move and shoot at the same time (with certain weapons), if you get bitten your health gradually declines until you become one of the undead (in multiplayer you can walk around like this infecting the opposition). It could feature biker gangs, cops, nurse zombies.

Imagine leading a gang of zombie to the opposition's base and sneaking in the back to steal a part whilst they're dealing with the zombie hordes!
                        Great idea but strangely I have discussed this with someone before and my ideal game idea involved a freeform GTA3 type game set in a city infested with zombies like in the George Romero films. Humans could band together to fend off zombie hordes and use vehicles and enter all the buildings. I think RE:Outbreak will be a bit limited. Thats really strange we both thought that........great minds think alike I guess!

Comment

Dynasty Warriors game engine Braveheart movie license nuff said.

Oh yeah except that its made by Koei. Anybody else would muck up their game engine.

Comment

How bout a Games shop sim? Someone with enough cynicism should be able to produce something that would really piss off a few companies.

Comment

Working...
                            X