This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Achievements...?!

Sorry, I don't have much to go on other than this link talking about the new Game Informer magazine.

PS3 Achievements will be available in games coming out this Holiday season will have them. Similar to the 360 where an achievement notice pops up. Not sure if 3rd parties will be required to do the same.
    A quick mooch on google says they're going to be called "entitlements" according to Electronic Gaming Monthly.

In a recent interview Sony Computer Entertainment America bos,Kaz Hirai claimed that it was Microsoft who were actually copying their PS3 strategy, he said, "Every time we go down a path, we look behind and they're right there (Microsoft) - we just can't shake these guys. I wish that they would come up with some strategies of their own, but they seem to be going down the path of everything we do. If you look at their strategy in other business areas as well, they tend to do that...
    What say you, NTSC-UK?

I did think that, rather than go for the traditional sort of 'achievements', they were going to work some kind of more tangible rewards into PS Home.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed here before. The Hexus article is about a year old.

Edit: Here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
        I did think that, rather than go for the traditional sort of 'achievements', they were going to work some kind of more tangible rewards into PS Home.
        Yeah I remember seeing stuff like trophies designed specifically for each game in the Home video they showed, which are rewarded for achievements in the games.

Comment

So Sony's US boss thinks that MS steal all their ideas?

Because Achievements, Live, Arcade etc were all just released last week weren't they? The shameless copycats :/
          And the Sony versions have been around for a good couple of years now. Oh, wait a minute...

Comment

Already existing thread on this

Comment

Working...
            X