Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juiced 2 : Hot Import Nights

Big download (1.3gig or thereabouts).

Starts - graphics meh what the f-, race starts meh wtf, take the first corner and I'm grinning like a loon

Finish race, so-so, go buy a car, then try out drift king

Fantastic fun - racing round the bottom of the Eiffel tower trying to hold & string drift combos together.

It's a strange one.

The front-end/mid-game presentation is very much how I'd imagine the last few NFS games have looked - ladies, drrrrrrrrum & bass and techno, annoying female voiceover, bits telling you about each racer blah blah blah.

The graphics are mediocre at best - the trackside buildings etc look terrible and blur is used heavily along with bonkers overload amounts of light reflection from the windscreen (I was using the default "helmet cam" view in the cockpit - on top of that the framerate was taking a hit on occasion.

Very arcadey and strange handling - the drifting round corners is great but trying to make minor adjustments whilst going in a straight line not so.....

Another one that'll probably sink without a trace like stuntman - Shame then that they appear to have shoehorned some cracking stuff in on the live side (full live career, pink slip racing, history papers for the cars) and there's some kind of DNA evolution thing that I get the impression might be akin to Forza1's DRIVATAR mode.

Worth a look I guess (the demo).
    Last edited by Yoshimax; 19-07-2007, 12:50.

absolute dogs vomit! probally the worst handling model i've ever seen in a racer.Strange,'cause like you mentioned,the drift handling is actually not too bad.

Regardless of what it brings to the table as far as live is concerned.If it controls like wank i ain't going near it..and this is bad,REAL bad

Comment

It's a stinker/sinker for sure

Comment

the handling in the original juiced was light years ahead of this crap.What went wrong?

Comment

Different developer I think, didn't the Juice license fly about for ages?
          The original was really good, despite the chav-o-licious street racing "plot"

Comment

apparently it's the same dev,juice games.

Perfect time to post this ****e though http://youtube.com/watch?v=VeTCVfvwKlk it was the intro to the original when acclaim was publishing...ChAv TaStIc!

Comment

I remember the whole saga with the original. The game got bad reviews, the publisher went-out of business, and the dev eventually fixed some of the problems and found a new publisher.

I didn't buy the original. It looked very nice, but moved and felt strange. From the sounds of it, I need'nt bother to download the demo.

Comment

This is basically Need for Speed Underground 3. Graphics are meh, but at the same time, the fantastic use of bright vibrant colours really does help.

I thought it played really well personally, I just couldn't stand the music and some of the overly cliche'd "hip hop" presentation.

Comment

Working...
                X