Street Fighter Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter Discussion

Does anyone play this or even have it on a real arcade board?
    What other street fighters do you like? which is your favourite version?
    Also I find this version ( SSF2X ) the hardest to finish on default settings

You serious?

Anyway, I preferred the SF Alpha series to the original. No particular faves but the EX iterations were poor IMHO.

Bearing in mind you can get better versions on home consoles these days you'd have to be real BIG fan to get the PCB.

Oh, and MAME and Final Burn give you the aracde versions anyway.

Comment

Super Street Fighter 2 is my favourite Street Fighter. The more modern games are fantastic (Especially Street Fighter Alpha 3) but they lack the atmosphere, stunning soundtrack and accessibility of the SF2 games, and that's the reason 2D fighters are dying out today. The average gamer doesn't want to learn six different grooves!

Comment

Max M you hit it right on the head....SSF2 rocks, I play mine with kawaks
        and im looking to play it online soon when I sort my PC out..play online?

Comment

IMO opinion Super street Turbo and third strike are the best in the series, I still have regular challenges at it now and again, a timeless 2 player classic.

Comment

I really want Super Street Fighter IIX for the Jpn DC, but I don't think it supports RGB (or at least there doesn't seem to be a clear answer whether it does or not)

Can't be arsed to keep changing leads you see.

Comment

As they're all spot-on games, it's just a matter of preference. My personal preference is Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (ignore the score on that review - it should be a lot higher, but was from when we first started scoring, and were still getting the hang of it )

Comment

i definately think third strike is the best street fighter, and also the best 2D fighter as well

it gets a lot of stick for not having interesting characters, but personally i think they're great... only twelve doesnt fit very well.

i also prefer the more tactical matches that i get compared to the alpha series.

my favourite

Comment

Originally posted by Max M
                  The average gamer doesn't want to learn six different grooves!
                  That's completely the wrong attitude though. I personally don't know any players that master every single character/groove in a game, to god-like levels. Personally I only play Capcom Vs. SNK 2 with P groove, as I have chosen this as the one that best suits the playing style I am most comfortable and confident with. At a push I may use N groove but only very rarely.

Same with characters. There are a load of characters throughout the entire SF universe that I have never clicked with. However, there have been several across many different games that I've found their style clicks with me almost immediately and I find that the subsequent months/years of playing that this connection only gets stronger. Certainly I don't feel the need master every character in every game as that is impossible, and this is the case whetehr the game is Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur or Virtua Fighter.

Anyway, my personal favourite parts of the Street Fighter canon are:

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike - Parrying is the single greatest implementation that Capcom have ever added to Street Fighter. The satisfaction from messing up an opponents attack strategy from a string of successful parries is immense. Incredibly well balanced as well.

Super Street Fighter 2 X: Grandmaster Challenge

Street Fighter Zero 2

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
                    I really want Super Street Fighter IIX for the Jpn DC, but I don't think it supports RGB (or at least there doesn't seem to be a clear answer whether it does or not)

Mine will not work with RGB. I don't know about the re-release.

Fave SFs...

SSFIIX
                    SFZ3
                    SFIII:3rd Strike

Comment

i quite like the streetfighter vs games, with xmen vs streetfighter being my fave i know a lot of people dont because its like streetfighters big dum older brother, but the fact that there so fast and you can have fireballs as big as a house was always great fun to me. the tag ellement worked welll to. there was nothing more satisfying than hiting full on with the team special, then comeing back ten mins later to watch the end of it

i rember when peeps learned how to select shin gouku, that elevated some of the poorer players as he was pretty poorley ballanced. he was frounded upon by some as well as it was seen as cheating, never had a problem with him myself of course

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows

Is the matching service version of SF IIX for DC the same? Cause I was playing this last night in RGB.

Its pretty good fun too.

The biggest problem I have with SF is that I am better than most of my mates to the level its not worth playing them, but I am nowhere near good enough to play my mates who are, and I can't be arsed to put in the hours required for this.

Comment

Originally posted by tankplanker

Is the matching service version of SF IIX for DC the same? Cause I was playing this last night in RGB.
                          Is that the official release version or have you got a patched ISO?

Not a dig, I'm just trying to find out if RGB support for a few of Capcom's games has been added for the re-releases. If it's a store bought version, when did you buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by C'

Not a dig, I'm just trying to find out if RGB support for a few of Capcom's games has been added for the re-releases. If it's a store bought version, when did you buy it?
                            Me too - I'd buy this again just for the RGB support, just like I did with PAL SFA3. I'd love it if someone could get me a patched ISO though.

Comment

Originally posted by C'

Me too - I'd buy this again just for the RGB support, just like I did with PAL SFA3. I'd love it if someone could get me a patched ISO though.
                              I gave up trying to get the patched ISO. I could never get it to work despite a ton of attempts.

As soon as I get word that the re-release probably has RGB support I'm ordering SSF2X and Vampire Chronicle again (seeing Vampire's vibrant visuals muted via S-Video is terminally distressing

Comment

Working...
                              X