Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wing Commander

Rubbish.

I was expecting a multiplayer Wing Commander in HD and I got a top down shooter What a waste.

Being arena based it could have some potential, but the controls are sluggish so any chance of a good dog fight is lost.

Should have remade Wing Commander 2, or even...Tie Fighter

Yes, it looked totally different in the videos to the "real" game... Did they have the decency to leave out Mark Hamill?

Tbh, the only Wing Commander game I enjoyed was the first, because it was so new and different.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
      Yes, it looked totally different in the videos to the "real" game... Did they have the decency to leave out Mark Hamill?
      Wasn't that Wing Commander III?

Comment

Yes, think so.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
          Rubbish.

I was expecting a multiplayer Wing Commander in HD and I got a top down shooter What a waste.

Being arena based it could have some potential, but the controls are sluggish so any chance of a good dog fight is lost.

Agree with that, it's crap! Controls are sluggish, hard to shoot people...it's noot very good at all.

Comment

haha, least its points saved for me if its poop!

Comment

Agree with you guys, unfortunetly this game is crap. The controls are indeed terrible.

At least Super Contra is good tho.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                Should have remade Wing Commander 2, or even...Tie Fighter
                If they released Tie Fighter I'd buy it in a second! That and X-Wing, the only 3D flying around space shooting stuff games (I believe that's the technical term) that I really enjoyed. If they added online co-op where you could have a team of Tie Fighters vs a team of X-Wings... I'm probably better off going back to wishing for a Shenmue 3 announcement

Umm, anyway, I was half interested in Wing Commander Live but I think I'll avoid it now. Shame!

Comment

I cant believe i spent 800 points on this rubbish :'(

Comment

Just played this... Wow... how crap! I can't believe how messed up the controls are. And the music just seems really out of place and doesn't set the pace of the game at all?

Those that paid the 800 pts need your heads read

Comment

Indeed. If only there was a way you could try before buying.

Comment

I have only two things to say.

1 - This new Wing Commander is complete pants.

2 - If you want a new space combat game then buy Project Sylpheed. It's a little flawed but still ace.

That is all.

Comment

EA have swiftly come up with a Wing Commander competition to get people to buy this

Decent prizes though.

Comment

No doubt USA & Canada only though?

Comment

Worst Live game ever , This isn't Wing Commnder at all EA Please Don't not buy this game it is utter tripe , and Super Contra isn't much better .

EA Must Die.

Comment

Working...
                              X