PS3 Remote Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Remote Play

Not sure if this has been covered in another forum topic, but one feature of the PS3 worthy of mention is the Remote Play functionality.

Being able to link my PSP to my PS3 back home is amazing (I work away in Sweden most weeks), I can watch all my previews and other videos I have stored on the PS3. This means no more need to buy more 4gb cards for the PSP.

Also, I can link, via my PSP and PS3 to my PC and access shed loads of stuff without having to transfer them to PS3 in the first place!

I am listening to music on my PSP being streamed via Remote Play from a folder on my PC as I type this.

Now I know the PS3 is a gaming machine, but this extra functionality is a real boon, and, it is free!

Anyway, just thought I would post this as I bet there are loads of PS3 users (not in these forums of course!) who don't even know about this functionality.

Amazing, thats always something I aksed about but don't think anyone could confirm if you could do that or not, but streaming music from PC to PS3 to listen to on the PSP is just aces!

That'll go on the list of why to get a PS3 also!

Comment

if only i could get the pathetic ps3 wi-fi to work i may be tempted to use this.

Comment

What trouble you having, merf?

When I first set mine up (two stories above my router) I was getting signal strength of less than 10%, it's always above 50% now.. o.0

Comment

the thing kept connecting and finding the wireless with really low strength then dropped the connection all the time (the 360 and wii work like a dream off the same router)

wouldnt consider myself a total r:tard when it comes to tech matters but drove me mad, just wheel out a big long cable on the odd occasion i want to go online with the ps3 now.

the remote streaming sounds like a sweet function though to get back on message.

Comment

If they added the option to stream a DVD or BD from in the drive this feature would be perfect. They won't because of copyright issues, but it would still be nice.

They need to add wake-on-LAN to the PS3 if possible, as well. I don't like to leave it on for long periods of time when I'm not home so being able to turn it on remotely would be superb.

Comment

It does make me laugh that the Sony guy said something along the lines of "Yeah its not so much a gaming machine really..." *pause for mass gasp from the gaming crowd* "...but think of it more as a futureproofed supercomputer".

Yeah so maybe a silly thing to say, but he does have a point. This thread being an example I think.

Comment

There was a thread a while back, but I made it ages ago. Pretty much mirrors stuff that's already been said again here though.

Comment

I wish they could support the reverse... PS3 accessing the PSP, and being able to play its games! That way I could leave my PSP at a friend's place for him to play when he wants to, and I can play it myself when he's not.

Comment

Working...
                  X