how likely is it.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how likely is it.....

what is the likliness that European Wii's will ever get games on the VC that were never released in this country? I know there are the turbo graphix games, but considering all the games for the other consoles are pal versions is it safe to asume we wont be getting any other games that were only ever released in NTSC?

For instance, I know super mario RPG is slated for release, or at least rumoured anyway, but will that just mean everyone outside europe gets it or will we too?
    Last edited by rmoxon; 06-08-2007, 11:38.

Nintendo keep saying it won't happen so it does seem unlikely!

It's such a waste though...

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post

It's such a waste though...
      Erm Im pretty sure Nintendo did say it was planning on doing it. At first they said it wouldnt happen but I think they have changed their mind since then. For example one of the Turbografx games that never made it out of Japan got translated and released on US and PAL VC and also AUS & NZ VC shop getting Turbografx games when the machine never got released in that region.

I would say it depends on the game, something like Mario RPG probably will get a release but if it was some obscure japanese title I wouldnt hold my breath for them translating it into English. Personally Im hoping the Fire Emblem and Famicom Wars games get translated as those series are now released on these shores, plus Sin and Punishment of course

Comment

Nobody never said anything like that. Whole thing started ten months ago when during Eurogamer's interview, Nintendo's rep said "You can only buy games for PAL-Wii from European VC-shop". And guess what? Revo-Europe reported this as "no other than PAL-games for European console!", and soon many bigger sites (such as Joystiq and Kotaku) started to quote Revo-Europe. It didn't take long before whole thing was taken as a fact, and only because nobody checked the original source.
        Last edited by elkatas; 06-08-2007, 20:47.

Comment

That's the way I read it too, sorry if it was wrong but I'd read it that way in quite a few places.

It seemed that sites, were reporting it as such all over the place. I'm talking the big multi-national sites too and not just the smaller sites.

Have they actually said they will be releasing other regions games yet? I hope they do as there are some import Nintendo games that I'd happily swap for some of what's on there now...don't shout!

Comment

Have they actually said they will be releasing other regions games yet?
            Rep said that they are considering it, but currently they are focusing on titles that were released on Europe*.

* This is why Breath of Fire II has got PEGI and ESRB ratings, but first Breath of Fire hasn't (it was never released on Europe except on GBA).

Comment

Well that's a start and far better what I'd read previously!

Comment

Working...
              X