Firmware 3.0U/E/J available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bootmonster View Post
    you could always turn the internet off at the same time if you are really worried.
    Only Elton John has the power to turn off the internet!!!

Comment

I started the update last night at 9:30 and it finally completed just after midnight. Did anyone elses take that long?

Comment

Servers were probably getting hammered so the download rate was tiny.

I'm gonna hold back for a bit as there are reports the update is part bricking some ordinary non-modded consoles too... in that people can't get back online afterwards.
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          I'm gonna hold back for a bit as there are reports the update is part bricking some ordinary non-modded consoles too... in that people can't get back online afterwards.
          If your Weather Channel / Opera / etc. doesn't work, shut console completely down. This has helped in many cases. But yeah, sometimes it doesn't work.

Comment

I couldn't access the Virtual Store or Weather Channel immediately after updating - something I've never had any problems with in the past. Everything works fine today though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornflakes View Post
              Just read that this update allows one to use an usb keyboard for the message board and shop channel. Wonder what else has been added, with this system upgrade.
              Couldn't try it myself btw, since i don't have an usb keyborad at home ^^;
              Tried this evening with my wireless BTC media centre keyboard, works fine with the dongle plugged in the back of the Wii (so not just wired keyboards, which is great!), tried on Wii message input and on the shopping channel. Doesn't seem to work in Opera at the mo though, guess they need a software update out for that. F4 key swaps between normal and predictive text mode which is nice.

Comment

any white wireless keyboards knocking around that would look nice with the Wii?

Comment

Does the swap trick to boot GC imports still work?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
                    Does the swap trick to boot GC imports still work?
                    Nope, according to a few sources. Certainly this Aus chap doesn't believe so:

I'm with Mayhem; I think I'll wait a while before updating in the hope that any possible problems with the update will be ironed out in a week or two.

The Freeloader business stings however. Looks like I'm going to have to pick up PAL versions of some of my better imports.

Comment

This is why I've kept my Qoob'ed Cube...
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                      X