super mario world help needed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super mario world help needed !

this sounds weird but i don't know how to save on super mario world , just got a snes again after luterally years and its cart only so i cannot look in the manual , completed a couple of stages but then if i reset they are not saved !!

can anybody help me out here ?!?!

On the world map screen press start and choose save and quit.

Is the internal battery still working?

Comment

i used to go back to a ghost house, you get the option to save after them.
      (i think )

Comment

Originally posted by nickgodfrey
        On the world map screen press start and choose save and quit.

Is the internal battery still working?
        Dead internal battery would still give you the option to save (although once you switch on again - there'd be nowt there)

Comment

hmm , press start and it doesn't even give me an option to save

do you think it could be the internal battery ? if so how much to get a new one and are they hard to install ?

Comment

On SNES SUper Mario World you can't do you the pause - save and quit option. You can only save after completing:

A Switch Palace
            A Ghost House
            A Fortress
            A Castle

So if you start at the beginning go left for Yoshi's Island 1. Complete that stage and a path to Yellow Switch Palace opens up. Complete the YSP (it's mighty easy) and you should be given the option to save 'Save and Continue'.

If after choosing that, your game still isn't saved, your batteries dead.

Comment

darn ! think the battery must be gone can't save at all on it !! anyone got a spare smw cart for sale for cheap ?

Comment

The battery is easy enough to replace mate! open up the cart, take out the battery, take it into a watch dealer and ask for a new one. Should only be ?3 ish.

Then again, I could be spouting crap, I've never done it :P

Comment

thanks for tip boogaloo , could prolly get the cart for ?3 or less though , well that is what i am hoping

Comment

Best goign for a battery. Any SM cart you buy is gonna be running low on battery power by now I should think. Mind you, my Super Metroid is still going ok. Probably about to run dry tho...

Comment

damn thats a scary thought - losing all my old saves from the snes classics

might open a cart tonight (**** game) and see what the crack is about replacing the batteries......

Comment

Where is the cheapest place to get a small enough Gamebit screwdriver from?

Comment

I was playing Mario All-Stars last night and it saved my game fine nearly 10 years on from when I first got it

How long are the batteries usually expected to last?

Comment

Working...
                          X