omega sektor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omega sektor

A huge new gaming complex has opened up in Birmingham today called Omega Sektor. has a few hundred pcs and consoles so people can meet up and play games!

Sounds pretty cool.

i went to the launch party on thursday.

the set up is pretty amazing, 400 top of the line pcs and a **** load of 360s.

each pc has loads of games on and some areas are sponsored. there is a final fantasy 11 area, a stalker area and an activision area.

the place is really trendy and nicely decorated and the staff were really nice and helpful.

it'd definitely be worth going down with a group of friends to play some LAN stuff.

Comment

I saw a video stream on the BBC website about it, apparently all the PCs have 'the latest motherchips' etc.

Looks good anyway.

Comment

Went last night for the first time and was really impressed. There were very few people there though which was surprising.

Comment

I was down there on the opening weekend when everything was free. And the place was jam packed, it was basically a time when not everything was working and they could get some real people to test it.

Went after during the "pay" period and the place was pretty empty, maybe 20 people in the whole place.

I think they got the market wrong, people that play PC games are perfectly happy to play them at home, I think they only appeal to people who like PC games but don't play them online and can meet with friends.

Also when I was there the Xbox room was a joke. All the 360's are core. You can't play gears of war on LAN cause you need a profile, can't create a profile since you don't have a memory to save it on. Also can't change games because the machines are locked away and they don't have Halo (1/2). The man said that they were getting Elites in soon with all the games preloaded onto the HDD so you could just play without ever changing discs, but I call BS on that, can anyone confirm if they are doing this now?

If the software for playing games of the drive leaked there would be some problems for MS I think.

Comment

When I was in there the guy in the xbox room, told me that the xbox room was temporary and that they were going to give all the 360s to a charity shop - and fill the room with PCs. Hmmm.....

Comment

I was there yesterday too and they said they were getting Elites. Regarding the games, they're appparently changed every couple of days on rotation. It was pretty empty yesterday as said above and I totally agree that they've gotten the market wrong somewhat. I'm no PC gamer but if I was, I'd happily play at home. They need more consoles with regular pick up and play games ala an arcade. Why they didn't just open up an arcade is beyond me actually.

Comment

It's in a pretty poor location as well, where the old Virgin Megastore used to be before the new Bullring opened and all the shops shifted about half a mile across town.

There's something very 90's about it as an idea as well. I don't think it's going to last...

Comment

Yer but judging by the responce, however small, it would be a prime meet location for an NTSC gathering.

Comment

I too am near Brum, so I reckon we should go here before it gets closed down from lack of business!

Can anybody provide any details or give a few suggestions of a meet-up?

Comment

Working...
                    X