Was Sonic SMS made by Sonic Team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Sonic SMS made by Sonic Team?

I was just wondering if the Master system version was made by Sonic Team or not. I cant find any mention of it in the instructions of box of the developer, but as Sonic 3D was made by Travellers Tale (iirc) then I wondered if this was farmed out to another developer as well.

Any info on the matter would be helpful.

I'm 99.9% sure it was Yuji Naka who made it. Even if it wasn't, it was definitely Sonic Team who developed it.

Not hugely helpful, but:

CLICKY

Comment

Cheers Treble. I thought it probably was made by Sonic Team ( ) but I couldnt find a definite answer on it.

Comment

You have to be careful with the names, though

Team Sonic = old name for Traveller's Tales

Sonic Team = the real deal

Comment

Gah, good point (should have checked my post before sending). Although Team Sonic were called Travellers Tales when they developed Sonic 3D so what other Sonic titles had they worked on when they were known as Team Sonic?

Comment

When were Traveler's Tales known as Team Sonic? Back in 1996 they were definitely known as TT as that name is on the startup of Sonic 3D: Flickies Island.

I remember hearing the name Team Sonic more recently than that so thought that was a completely different devco.

Comment

Yeah, it was made by Sonic Team.

I'm pretty sure that Travellers' Tales also did Sonic R. IMO it shows.

I don't remember the "Team Sonic" thing either. Sounds like rubbish to me - I was heavily into Sonic fandom at that time (sad, I know)

Comment

Well I have just been on TT's site and Sonic 3D and Sonic R are the only Sonic titles mentioned. Its only since coming on these boards that I heard that TT were previously known as Team Sonic, but their site doesnt make any mention of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo
                  I don't remember the "Team Sonic" thing either. Sounds like rubbish to me - I was heavily into Sonic fandom at that time (sad, I know)
                  There is definitely a developer out there called Team Sonic (I read a magzine a few years back, probably CVG, that mentioned them and made the dinstinction between Team Sonic and Sonic Team) but I honestly don't believe Travelers Tales are/were Team Sonic.

Someone may prove me wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                    Originally posted by Halo
                    There is definitely a developer out there called Team Sonic (I read a magzine a few years back, probably CVG, that mentioned them and made the dinstinction between Team Sonic and Sonic Team) but I honestly don't believe Travelers Tales are/were Team Sonic.

Someone may prove me wrong though.
                    Ah. According to this Camelot used to be called Team Sonic.

Comment

Sorry, I got confused. No need to brand it 'rubbish', you arse! It was a simple mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                        Sorry, I got confused. No need to brand it 'rubbish', you arse! It was a simple mistake!
                        Yeah but Treble you arent the first person to say Travellers Tales were known as Team Sonic on this forum. I am sure at least another 3 people have said this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                          Didn't mean to offend you, I just meant it sounded like rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                          X