• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VC games 13/9/07 (EU)

Neutopia 2 (TG-16)

Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (NES)

Mario's Super Picross (Super NES).

SMB2 and the Picross game are only available until the end of September, and cost 600 and 900 points respectively.

Any ideas why they're only available for a short while? I notice they have a little fireworks icon beside them. I already have Lost Levels as SMB2 on my JPN Wii, but I love it and am tempted to download it for my PAL one also..

Comment

Originally posted by Roddie View Post
      Any ideas why they're only available for a short while?
      Only SMB2j will be available for limited time. According to NoE, it will be "digital collector's item". All other Hanabi Festival games will stay at shop.

Comment

these are only 60hz it states, i downloaded both, both excellent games,

Comment

Time to dust off the Wii I guess and download these

Is the version of Super Mario Bros 2 the ball-bustingly mega hard original Famicom release, or the ever so slightly more forgiving version that was tweaked like in Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Bros. DX?
          Last edited by C'; 14-09-2007, 12:45.

Comment

it seems rock hard to me,and faster

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
              Time to dust off the Wii I guess and download these

Is the version of Super Mario Bros 2 the ball-bustingly mega hard original Famicom release, or the ever so slightly more forgiving version that was tweaked like in Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Bros. DX?
              It's the mega hard version with the original mechannics, throws you back to the start of the world after 3 lives and needs to be completed 8 times to access the last 4 worlds.

Comment

Downloaded both Super Mario Bros.2 and Mario's Super Picross.

I'll admit that I've not spent as much on the Virtual Console as I anticipated because of the *whisper*50hz issue*whisper* but I have to give credit to Nintendo here as providing these 2 games when everyone never expected them too is superb (and they play in 60hz too).

Bring on Sin & Punishment

Also, I just realised I got an email today about the forthcoming releases and it says we have Ninja Gaiden and Gradius 3 US versions. I'm presuming the EU versions were different but can anyone explain how?

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                  Downloaded both Super Mario Bros.2 and Mario's Super Picross.

I'll admit that I've not spent as much on the Virtual Console as I anticipated because of the *whisper*50hz issue*whisper* but I have to give credit to Nintendo here as providing these 2 games when everyone never expected them too is superb (and they play in 60hz too).

Bring on Sin & Punishment

Also, I just realised I got an email today about the forthcoming releases and it says we have Ninja Gaiden and Gradius 3 US versions. I'm presuming the EU versions were different but can anyone explain how?
                  Not sure about Gradius 3, but maybe they are just releasing Ninja Gaiden with its original title over here just so they can charge more for it becuase it (technicaly) wasnt released here.

Comment

I'm not sure if Gradius III ever came out in the UK, i can't remember it, although i had a japanese console back then. If it did then i can only imagine they are going with the 60hz version as it has awful slowdown anyway so at 50hz it would be torchure!

Comment

Currently on world 8 in SMB2 and at this rate, I'll be amazed if my Wii remote is still in one piece by the end of the night.

Comment

Yep, World 8 on SMB2 is a bitch - good luck on 8-3 in particular!

Comment

Just had to pick my remote off the floor and put it back together; it's got some cracks and some bits sort of hanging off now, but it sees to be working ok.

8-3 is impossible; those ****ing hammer brothers!

Comment

Working...
                          X