Tony Hawk Proving Grouns Demo on US Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Hawk Proving Grouns Demo on US Store

In short: Don't bother. It's dire (at least graphically). Downhill Jam on Wii looks better it's that bad. There may be a deep, involving game here but I'll neve rknow because when the presentation's this bad I can't be bothered to find out.

After playing skate., i just have no love for Hawk's anymore.

Just lazy, tired, yearly updates diluting the sense of fun the first 3 games had.

For shame

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
      Downhill Jam on Wii looks better it's that bad.
      I'll have to have a look just for that comment !

Comment

I'm going to give it a try tonight. I've never been able to get into the button combo madness of the TH games, but I might mess with this and see how I get on. Though to be honest I like the sound of Skate more.

Comment

If it's just THP8 with bells & whistles then SKATE pissed all over it - It's just nobody was complaining about the 360 versions graphics and THP8 wasn't an ugly game by any stretch so I'm shocked by FSW's assertions.

Comment

Yoshi, I may have exaggerated slightly. I only gave it 5 minutes.
            Thing is, this is the second Hawks game on PS3. It should look good. It doesn't. Jaggies, not running smooth. Car models seem to comprise about 8 polygons - think cars in GTA3... on PS2.

Comment

I'll need to check both for myself.

Comment

Well yeah, that's why there's a demo!

Comment

This sounds hillarious. Think I'm gonna give it a go now too

Comment

I meant both the 360 & PS3 versions not Skate and this - I already know Skate it king

THP8 wasn't an ugly bast by any means though I do know the PS3 version had some issues so I'll be interested to see if they've managed to get both systems in-line this year.

Comment

Sounds like I need to give this a go beyond the 5 minutes it had as I was rishing out to the school run this morning. i've never even seen THP8. Last one I played (other than downhill jam) was THPS4. This looked, on the surface, graphically similar. maybe I want too much. Anyway, I look forward to others' opinions.

Comment

Working...
                      X