This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R-Type Final Impressions

Seeing as everyone is getting hyped about F-Zero GX and SW:KOTOR, I thought I'd start a topic about the latest R-Type installment. Has anyone played it or has it gone un-noticed due to the VJ and F-Zero hype?

Some views already in a thread HERE.

I liked it. Lots of homages to the other games and pretty darn tough to boot.

Gets much better after the insipid first level.

Comment

I also like this game. The slowdown on the 3rd stage is dreadful, and at one point it really does take the piss. Other than that though, the game is very impressive and a good tribute to the r-type series.

Comment

It's a wee bit bland in terms of level design and environment, but being able to play with 101 ships is really rather funky. Still one of the weakest in the series though.

Originally posted by Vaipon
        I also like this game. The slowdown on the 3rd stage is dreadful, and at one point it really does take the piss. Other than that though, the game is very impressive and a good tribute to the r-type series.
        ...it's a visual tribute. The level layout is pretty poor. At least in Delta the tribute was thematic in terms of design, and not just an aesthetic rip-off.

Comment

Lets keep all these impressions in the same thread - http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/viewtopic.php?t=9247

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X