Super / Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morph View Post
    its impossible to get hold of a VSHG (yes you are lucky) with out paying close to double the cost of the Mad Catz TE stick.
    Are you sure about that? I stopped paying attention after I bought one but I was regularly seeing them stacked up in the shops here a few months ago.. I can't believe they have become uber-rare already (besides which someone just posted that they sold theirs on for 60 quid!)
    Last edited by Darwock; 27-01-2009, 07:22.

Comment

Just ended up ordering a fightpad from Play Asia (ta for that). Play.com have stopped taking orders, and ShopTo seem to think my card isn't valid. Oh well.

Plumped for an Akuma one instead of the Ken I was originally after. May as well get one that's not available in the UK if I'm going to import one

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
        Are you sure about that? I stopped paying attention after I bought one but I was regularly seeing them stacked up in the shops here a few months ago.. I can't believe they have become uber-rare already (besides which someone just posted that they sold theirs on for 60 quid!)
        ah sorry I meant compared to fight stick (late night posts ) which shop & how much? they hardly show up on ebay these days. I guess double the price of the fight stick could be a bit of an overestimate now with the TE showing up soon people will be switching over so more may become available.

Comment

Stores like Sofmap & Yodobashi Camera usually had 2 or 3.. you'd be mad to pay TE stick prices if you can get a VSHG for 6000 yen (unless of course you don't have a PS3)

Comment

As with others I was hoping the TE's would be £100, but I've put in an order at Shopto for £120 which I'm okay with stretching to. After shipping and customs I remember HRAP2s costing about £100 on release, and that is a stick that the hardcore would still recommend you mod. I'm not going to say anything as stupid as 'I would play better on a Sanwa button' but having played a huge variety of setups I can tell you that I do appreciate quality parts, and as a lazy git I can also tell you that I appreciate not having to open up and swap parts about in a brand new product. Not to mention I actually like how the TE looks over the standard one, and would definitely prefer a weightier base.

Game-wise, I still need to put an order in, but am hoping the Asian release on the 12th + EMS should get me it ASAP. In an ideal world it'd ship even earlier and I'd have it for the 14th, but that's wishful thinking.

Comment

This looks canny

Behold, Hori's Real Arcade Pro EX SE. The SE stands for "Special Edition". Why so special, when it looks just like Hori's regular old 360 arcade stick? It's all in the insides.

Comment

It looks better than the SFIV one.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Game-wise, I still need to put an order in, but am hoping the Asian release on the 12th + EMS should get me it ASAP. In an ideal world it'd ship even earlier and I'd have it for the 14th, but that's wishful thinking.
                  You should use UPS instead, it's the same price as EMS and quicker. Plus you won't need to deal with Parcelforce
                  I would expect it'll show up on Monday the 16th via UPS.

Comment

I doubt most of the people buying the LE stick are doing so because of the Sanwa parts specifically, more likely because it's a special edition stick.

I can't think of any other reason, really, I'd have thought anyone who really wants Sanwa parts would probably already have a modded stick of some sort, anyway.

Having said that, if someone's convinced of the quality of the Sanwa parts, I don't see anything wrong with them splashing out on a stick regardless of whether they'll get enough use out of it or not (or whether they're good enough to use Sanwa parts).

I wouldn't out of principle, even my ?40 EX2 360 stick was a bit of a push (and I can play just fine with it, I seriously doubt a Sanwa stick/buttons would improve my game at this point), not least because only six months earlier I spent a bit more than that modding my DC stick for PS2 with Sanwa bits, but I doubt you're going to get very far asking why people put down lots of money for something like that on a forum like this

It'd be like telling a BMW owner that they should drive something cheaper because they're not 'good enough' to drive something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1P_King View Post
                      Anybody noticed if Game Stores are taking pre-orders for the Standard Arcade Stick. My working hours make it a little tricky to just pop by a store to check for myself.
                      I checked the instore pre-order list at GAME earlier today, both the standard stick and tournament edition stick are listed however the list says "selected stores only" so if your local store isn't one of the bigger ones you're out of luck.

Comment

Sanwa is only really useful for actual pro-play, something that will interest only about 10% of the scene. Or less. Most people saying that sanwa owns all, I wonder if they can even spot the difference outside of SRK.com info. I can't. Although I can spot differences in sticks. Most of them retail sticks have crappy 8 way movement for 2d fighters when out of the box.

But for purists, the TE might not be overrated. Its very mod friendly.

VSHG, I could get one for cheap but didn't buy it. It doesn't seem to be compatible with all games and it seems to have issues with multipresses.

Comment

I've contemplated cancelling my Shopto pre-order.

I can tell the difference between a good stick and a bad one, and have been needing to get one for 360 for a while but when it comes down to it, it is a lot of money to be shelling out.

Comment

I've contemplated canceling my Shopto pre-order.

I can tell the difference between a good stick and a bad one, and have been needing to get one for 360 for a while but when it comes down to it, it is a lot of money to be shelling out.

Comment

Kotaku reviews the TE stick here

Sounds sweet.

Comment

I cancelled my order and bought me a Real Arcade Pro EX. Its looks like a nice piece of kit for everything i need. I just don't like the looks of the SFIV Tourney Stick, i think having the 'IV' in the background kind of ruined it. If i had it, it would totally get on me wick.

Comment

Working...
                                X