Super / Street Fighter IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
    I'm definately not getting one of the arcade sticks but I'm seriously considering one of the wireless pads. There seems to be loads of info about the arcade sticks but has anybody found any reviews of the pads yet?

I've not been keeping up with this thread so sorry if it's already been posted.
    Not seen any reviews yet, I've ordered a PS3 Ryu one from Amazon.
    Would love an arcade stick but unless they get closer to ?50 I wouldn't get my money's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by phillai View Post
      Oh, I'm just to piss all the 'I'm feeling flush but I will be skint when I gold credit card to get the tourny stick owners'...

Check this bad boy out!

Taken from kotaku

Behold, Hori's Real Arcade Pro EX SE. The SE stands for "Special Edition". Why so special, when it looks just like Hori's regular old 360 arcade stick? It's all in the insides.

The EX SE went on sale in Japan yesterday in "limited numbers" for ? 13,500 (USD$151). The appeal - and the limited availability, and the price tag - comes from what the controller is made of. The stick, buttons and some of the insides are crafted from Seimitsu components, Seimitsu being a company that makes sticks and buttons for real, heavy duty Japanese arcade cabinets.

So you're not getting a cheap, plastic imitation of an arcade stick. You're getting an arcade stick. A heavy (2.6kg!), near-indestructible arcade stick.
      Those have been out on PS3 since VF5

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
        I was actually accused of turbo usage on this very forum. lelz.
        oh that's just plain wrong

i never message anyone unless they quit when they were going to lose, i don't care if someone's using three arms, i'll still happily play them.

people, eh?

Comment

On a brighter note cant wait to get some training matches in with some fellow ntsc'ers.

Training being the key word here, I have alot to learn again since SF2 - yes its been that long.

Comment

Thanks for that, I was hoping it was going to be bluetooth and not need another bloody dongle. Seeing as how Singstar and Buzz (sony games) can't/won't use bluetooth I suppose it was obvious.
            Not sure how these are powered though? AA batteries or a USB charged li-ion ALA PS3 Dualshock?

Positive feedback overall though, so pretty pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
              oh that's just plain wrong

i never message anyone unless they quit when they were going to lose, i don't care if someone's using three arms, i'll still happily play them.

people, eh?
              Not really related to the thread but I got accused of cheating in LBP the other day ..wtf..

This person restarted the level cos I had more points than him, then accused me of cheating. I have been growing fond of online gaming but I think competitive games like SF4 are going to bring out the worst in people.

Comment

So where would the best place be to buy a Japanese PS3 version?

Comment

GameWatch have some comparison screenshots of the two versions up today.

Although for some reason, they seem to be concentrating on the menu screens. Which is faintly bizarre, but probably makes sense if you can actually read Japanese and understand whatever point it is they're making.

Comment

Originally posted by honeymustard View Post
                    So where would the best place be to buy a Japanese PS3 version?
                    I'd have thought Yes Asia would be your best option.

Other than that Renchi might be worth a look.

Neil

Comment

Nice to see the pads are good, I hope I will receive my pads same day as the game....

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                        Nice to see the pads are good, I hope I will receive my pads same day as the game....
                        I'm actually quite tempted to order myself a pad now as well.

I like the look of them so even if I barely use them it will be nice from a collection point of view.

Neil

Comment

The level at which SSF2THDR is unplayable on a Dual Shock justifies the SFIV pad enough to me

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
                            Those have been out on PS3 since VF5
                            Wasn't that the white all Sanwa HRP Special? I don't remember seeing a Semitsu version on the PS3.

Would like to know the differences in feel between Sanwa and Semitsu parts particularly the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                              Would like to know the differences in feel between Sanwa and Semitsu parts particularly the sticks.
                              Seimitsu LS32 has a slightly shorter shaft with no cover, a shorter throw and a generally more solid, precise, retro feel IMHO. I probably prefer them for everything but 3D fighters. Both are great though and much better than stock Hori.

Seimitsu's PS14G buttons are less convex than Sanwa OSBF.

Comment

Working...
                              X