• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VC Games - 12/10/07 (EU) - Super Metroid

Finally the EU gets Super Metroid! It is the 150th game on the EU VC

Super Metroid - SNES - 800 Wii Points

Probotector II: Return of the Evil Forces - 500 Wii Points

What's the deal with having to play Super Metroid with either German or French subtitles but no option to remove them all together? Was that in the original PAL release? I know that the original NTSC cartridge versions (both US and JPN) let you pick between English and Japanese.

Comment

Originally posted by BluntX View Post
      What's the deal with having to play Super Metroid with either German or French subtitles but no option to remove them all together? Was that in the original PAL release? I know that the original NTSC cartridge versions (both US and JPN) let you pick between English and Japanese.
      At least mine is like that. It's a PAL version but I don't know where it's from. It's the one with the huge box.

Comment

Yes, mine was also like that.

Also big box.

Comment

yay super metroid will soon download

i love VC think its a awesome idea

Comment

Anyone else having subtitle problems, cause i'll not be downloading if there are forced foreign subs.
            I never remember have german, french forced subs in my PAL Snes big box cart!

Comment

There were subs, but there's what, like a dozen lines of dialogue in the 2 minute long intro so its not really worth getting annoyed about.

Comment

Dare I ask about the conversion of this? Has it had anything done to it a la Castlevania, or is it exactly the same as the original PAL release?

Comment

well it dosent have borders so im guessing its been optimised?

Comment

It does have borders, although they're pretty small. Does anyone know how the speed compares to the NTSC versions? It's been a while since I've played it on the SFC. Finished it today, still a superb game.

Comment

it does? I cant see any on my TV speed seems fine to me as well, though cant really be sure about that of course. But defiinitley no slow down or anythging that detracts from the game in anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X