Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GP2X F200 - With Touchscreen and Improved D-Pad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP2X F200 - With Touchscreen and Improved D-Pad!

This is the next machine in the GP2X line, and comes with a touchscreen and (finally) a d-pad.

It ships sometime next week from GamePark Holdings and I've already got my pre-order with PA. Should be a no-brainer, combining the excellent emu abilities (MD, SNES, NeoGeo, CPS, etc, etc), video playback and general ace-ness of the original GP2X with a touch screen (perfect for stuff like Monkey Island, Ultima 7) and a d-pad as opposed to stick (which has been the main issue I've had since the GP32 came out).

Worryingly, someone over at GP32x forums has tried a prototype and the d-pad has too much travel (so he says), time will tell if this is amended for the final release. TBH two of my fave pads - the Megadrive 6B and the Saturn - featured insane amounts of travel on the d-pad, so it might be down to personal preference.

But then it wouldn't be a GP2X without the first batch being borked in some way...

Info here: www.gbax.com

(I looked for a topic on this but couldn't find one, amazingly. Forgive me if someone has already mentioned it.)

was thinking about getting one

i saw a game ages ago that looked good it was a guardian heroes style game anyone know what it was called ?

Comment

'Her Knights' I think that was called. That was for the GP32, which is the machine before the GP2X.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
        But then it wouldn't be a GP2X without the first batch being borked in some way...
        Lol, I've got a first edition GP2X, I worry every day that it's just going to crumble to pieces in my hands! I'll probably upgrade to this new'un, but I'll leave it a few months I think

Comment

I've come so close to buying these on so many occasions...maybe this time! Have the specs changed in any way apart from the screen?

Originally posted by GP2X PR Dude
          Oh and we turned white, but in a better way than Lenny Henry did in 1991's True Indentity.

Comment

The analogue stick was the thing that put me off the GP2X so I might have to look into this.

Comment

It wasn't analogue - it was a microswitched digital stick, like the one on the NeoGeo CD joypad and NeoGeo Pocket.

But yeah, it generally sucked. Massive dead zone and far too flimsy.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                I've come so close to buying these on so many occasions...maybe this time! Have the specs changed in any way apart from the screen?
                Nope, it's the same machine on the inside. It can take bigger SD cards and that's about it, I think.

The d-pad should be worth the price of admission alone.

Comment

Ah fair enough, it definitely didn't look like it was any good for retro though.

Comment

Yeah it sucked, not just for retro but for everything!

Plus they screwed up the GP2X's stick, the Mk2 version went some way to solving it.

Comment

I may have to buy one of these second edition ones now.

Comment

That's a pretty decent price. This would make a great holiday companion whilst the missus hogs the DS.

Nver seen one before. Does it work great for games such as Capcom fghters etc?

EDIT: Went to this page and creamed at the amount of retro gaming that I could have on thy move
                        Last edited by hudson; 16-10-2007, 16:38.

Comment

How do these machines compare to the PSP when it comes to emulation?

Comment

Nowhere near as good. The PSP kills it all day long.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              Nowhere near as good. The PSP kills it all day long.
                              Is that true? From what I've read, this sounds like it does great on the emulation front. It appeals to me not having to fiddle about with firmware dodging and stuff. Just seems simpler on this GP thang. But if it isn't up to much in terms of emulation (maybe you've had first hand experience with this machine), then maybe I'll give it a miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X