Shutokou Battle 01 Impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutokou Battle 01 Impressions?

Just wondered if anyone has picked up a copy of Shutokou Battle 01 yet?

I'm also interested in this game. Anyone played it yet? I thought the vids looked sweet.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for that. Sounds like Genki haven't made any major changes then.

Comment

got it, love it.

Huge fan of the series, reviewed 0 for the site.

Comment

You going to be reviewing the 01?

Dammit, payday can't come early enough!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
              You going to be reviewing the 01?
              Nope. Sorry. Having a break from the site still, or I would have reviewed it dude.

Comment

I got this yesterday and have been playing it non-stop!
                IT is just too good! The handling is great (I'm using a driving force wheel) and the little cut scenes really add to it, plus now you can ajust camber etc so you can try to make the car drift! (I've got a rx7 fc3 right now and I can drift it aroud corners - it is possibly to do things like feint drifts for example).
                When you beat a certain number of rivals a boss gang comes to the area you are in - with a short scene of all the cars arriving, really cool!
                The no loser gang looks awesome with the camo paint evo's! Also, you sometimes get 2 cars challenging you at one, like one will try to ram you etc.
                Also you you sometimes have to beat the boss cars consecquetivly which is pretty hard!
                I just beat meloncholy Angel last night and I got a chance to get the car ~(you can only unlock cars from bosses , team leaders or wanderes!), also got the rx8!!(you get this by beating the wanderer Glamour girl).
                The cities look much more detailed and the textures are fantastic, the handling is more like Grand Turismo, I've going to order Kaido Battle I think after playing this!
                It's also ricer heaven you can customize everything!
                You can also turbo boost (no not No2) by pressing select (you can also turn it off) but this increases your oil and water temp and if you use it too much your acc, decreases and your engine starts smoking!
                I can't wait to go home and play this, if you're a racing fan you will love it!

K

Comment

Sounds excellent. Like the idea of the turbo boost, was wondering what the oil and water temp gauges were for.

Kaido Battle is definitely worth picking up. It's a little easy, but if you dig drifting cars you can't go wrong

Comment

Has anyone else ordered this from Goblin? I preordered it a few weeks ago and the wait is driving me mad. The Japanese got it last Thursday and Goblin say they are expecting it in the next few days ft:

Comment

Haven't finished Kaido Battle yet, which I love, so this racer is absolutely something I will consider later.

Comment

Picked this up at the start of the week, I enjoyed Shutokou Battle 97 on the Saturn and I thought Shutokou Battle 2 on the DC was great, but this is something else. It's so addictive, the number of times I've thought "I'll just have a quick go" and then looked at the clock and it's 3 hours later.

The number of cars you have to beat is insane (around 600 I think), and the fully expanded courses are gigantic.

The only real problem, I have with the game is the pop up when it's raining, it's not enough to ruin the game, but it can get annoying.

Comment

Working...
                        X