Soldner-X (S?ldner-X: Himmelsst?rmer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldner-X (S?ldner-X: Himmelsst?rmer)

Screenshots posted. Couldn't find the old thread (if there was one).

Last edited by VR46; 10-11-2007, 18:24.

For some reason the graphics are reminding me of Xenon but horiz.

First pic appears to show greater scores for very close kills. Could be wrong though.

Comment

looks lovely, would like to know what format(s) it's being released for though. I'd assume XBLA and PSN?

Comment

It's being published by Play Asia's new company, so you'd imagine it'd be a physical format, rather than a download. Be interesting to know the format, though. Might just be PC?

Comment

This looks ridiculously poor. In fact, I'd say it looks repulsive.

Reminds me of X2, or one of the myriad of shiny shooters produced in the west by morons.

It'll have to have amazing gameplay to get my attention.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm. Blatent remake of Project-X (so almost impossible and then actually impossible when the bugs kick in).

Comment

Looks very crisp but also totally lacking in style and design. The thought of what a real schmup developer like Treasure, Psikyo or Cave could do in HD boggles the mind.

Comment

What ? Is that picture for real ?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                  Hmmmmmmm. Blatent remake of Project-X (so almost impossible and then actually impossible when the bugs kick in).
                  God I hated Project X. I remember it being hyped as the next big Team17 thing, spending ?25 odd-quid on it whilst still at school with no part-time job and then feeling utterly gutted when I could barely complete the second level. Seeing that screenshot brought it all back [shudder].

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                    What ? Is that picture for real ?
                    No. Yes. Well, it's not Soldner, it's Project X - Team17 Amiga 'shooter'.

Comment

It does appear that in this HD age, shooters are concentrating more on pretty lighting effects than on decent and varied drawings. Makes for a very dry experience, e.g. Aegis Wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                        Looks very crisp but also totally lacking in style and design. The thought of what a real schmup developer like Treasure, Psikyo or Cave could do in HD boggles the mind.
                        now you are talking!

When!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                          now you are talking!

When!!!
                          Ikaruga is headed to Live Arcade. Not new and shiny but still should hold up in 720p quite nicely.

Comment

Compared to a polygon game like Star Strike HD, having large sprites in HD and static animation frames makes it look like a Flash game.

Comment

Like all modern shooters, this is likely to be a bullet-fest with no "level design" (obstacles, planetary terrain etc) of any sort. It will therefore suck. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X