New WiiWare info from IGN's podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New WiiWare info from IGN's podcast

In latest IGN Wii-k In Review podcast, Matt Cassamina and Bozon discuss about WiiWare and its business side. I don't really like listening podcasts, but fortunately guys at NeoGaf were nice enough to do summary of the podcast. Here is most important tidbits:

- Can pitch your title directly to Nintendo
    - Developer sets the price
    - Split is 65/35, with Nintendo getting 35 percent share.
    - Third-parties can do standard publisher relationships, like having a standard upfront payment, or upfront payment with minor royalties.
    - Lots of companies with different business models.
    - Most games are budgeted below 100 000 dollars.
    - Size limit is 40 MB.
    - The more smaller file is, the sooner you will be paid by Nintendo. This is to encourage smaller games.
    - Only one game can be submitted by developer per month.

Thanks go to ZealousD at NeoGaf
    Last edited by elkatas; 13-11-2007, 17:38.

Looks like Wiiware will have a new layout by the time they start releasing them then. They'll need it to be like the VC, with different catagories etc. Would look messy if they left it in its current state and added titles to the list and just gave it multiple pages.

*prays for demos*

Comment

Gridrunner++ with Wii controls would pwn my life. Make it happen, gaming gods!

Comment

I have a strong feeling by this time next year the majority of the better Wii games will be on Wii Ware.

A simple fun idea can be sold to the masses. Developers are more likely to take risks as they have a lot less to lose. I hope to see the resonable safe use of the Wii Mote to be used in more creative ways on Wii Ware.

Comment

XBLA has completely failed to deliver on the original games, can't see the situation being better on Wii really. :/

Comment

I think if we could get games like Cooking Mama and Mercury on there it'd be good, they shouldn't be priced along other games at £30 (Even £20 is too steep IMO) and should be downloadable games.

Comment

Working...
            X