Best place for online game rental?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place for online game rental?

The fact that its the time of year that so many games come out and I can't affoard them all has got me thinking about doing somthing I havent actualy done in years... renting.

So I'm just wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to rent games from online?

Thanks.

It's funny that you should mention this as i was just looking myself! I found this which has some of the bigger companies listed, so that may be of some use to you.

Also yesterday's Game Central had a couple of letters recommending swap-game and Boomerang-rentals as reliable sources for game rentals.

Comment

Don't bother with Nimblethumbs whatever you do.

Swapgame and Gamesfrenzy are the usual 2 people opt for.

Comment

Avoid Lovefilm also.

Comment

I used Tesco dvd rental a couple of times (they in turn use Lovefilm.com for the supplies). While its a good idea in theory, i found that due to demand you wont get them on or near day of release.

Now the scheme Tesco and LoveFilm use, you create a list of "wants" and then mark them in terms of order, so you have High, Medium and Low. Highs get picked first etc.

So the problem is even though you may have a list of 20 games or films, its still pot luck what you get.

Hope that helps a little?

Comment

Previous thread about rentals here

I personally found swapgame very good.

Comment

Working...
            X