Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony nearly double Playstation 3 sales....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony nearly double Playstation 3 sales....

After the hit of the Psp redesign in Japan, the redesigned ps3 seems to have had the same impact on sale in Japan and Europe by nearly doubing the sale's figure's.

Now everyone know's my feeling's on the machine, but credit where credit is due, and I think since the departure of Mad Kutaragi from SCE, it seem's they have made some pretty sound remakes of both their machine's and reaping the benefit's so far.

All redesigned/price cut machine's have impact on sales figures for the positive, well nine times out of ten, and whether this can get the ps3 back on track is highly doubtful, but for owner's of the console it's good new's, as developer's in Japan may start development for the machine again if positive sales continue.

This can only be good new's for owner's of the machine who paid that massive amount at launch, and although I have bashed the machine, rightly so as it deserved it, I fell they have made the right move with this redesign. Let's see if they can actually get their software team's the serious kick up the arse they need, and get some solid groundbreaking software out for the machine, perhaps Harrison has had his days in that position too, and he should maybe be shifted into a more suitable marketing role as I think the ps3 really need's a good leader for it's game studio's to greenlight the good prospect's, and ditch the ****e one's, and also give them a bit of a rollicking for their poor performance.

Change at the top is good and Stringer should get rid of these guys who became far too complacent. I still feel that Kirai is only a short term solution for the replacement for Kutaragi and he is going to replace him with someeone with a bit more flair and vision and hardware knowledge.

Is that 40 or 60GB sales it's referring to? I picked up a 60GB just because it was possibly the last time to get one rather than actually wanting it.

John

Comment

40 GB mate, that's what the large sales figures are coming from.

Comment

erm - Sony doubling up low figures isn't too impressive ....

Comment

Harrison is undoubtedly an achilles heel.

Comment

I dont think price is the only thing increasing sales, more decent games out like Orange box, call of duty 4, guitar hero 3 as well as uncharted soon (unless its out already?) also the holiday season is no doubt helping sales pick up.

Comment

Umm... are we talking about Stinger's official PR statement? When Bloomberg asked about statements vague wording, Sony corrected the statement, and said that the Playstation Family's total sales had doubled during November. For those who don't know what this means, for last six months, Sony hasn't told real sales numbers for PS3 in its PR-statements, instead lumping them together with PS2 and PSP sales.

Comment

To be honest, it's not the hardware sales I'm worried about. The software sales are atrocious and all these big AAA games with big budgets behind them are bombing like hell.

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
                  To be honest, it's not the hardware sales I'm worried about. The software sales are atrocious and all these big AAA games with big budgets behind them are bombing like hell.
                  Yup. Ratchet & Clank moved only 75K units in USA, and Guitar Hero III's PS3 version wasn't even able to land into TOP-20.

Comment

Good sales in Japan last week though - about 60,000 PS3's and 180,000 copies of Shin Sangoku Musou 5.

Comment

In the US the boost from the 40gb PS3 took it to 60,000 for the first weeki of the price drop.

In comparison the Wii and Xbox 360 both shifted around 180,000.

Comment

Another good week for PS3 in Japan - 55,000 sold. Now it needs some rpgs ...

Comment

Another good week? That's not very many at all...

Comment

Well, it's certainly an improvement on the weekly sales of c15,000 before the 40gb model. And it's more than the Wii (34,000), after many months of selling fewer than Nintendo.

Comment

Still missing the point - they're losing (lots of) money on the hardware sales - they needs games and they need them fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X