Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vague Arcade Game Memory. Need help identifying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vague Arcade Game Memory. Need help identifying.

Right,

I remember this old school vertical schmupper that i only ever saw in the arcade. The only the thing i can really remember about it was that your avatar was a motorbike and side-car (with a mounted gun of course!!). I keep thinking it was called Moto X but thats blatantly a different game...

Any ideas?

Thundercade perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Shou
      Thundercade perhaps?

That certainly looks like the feller!!

W00t!! Cheers!

Comment

HIJACK,

on a similar tip I remember playing this game in the arcade, but can't remember the name.

Space type Shmup with a ship. You could drop bombs, which exploded with a large blue circular explosion on impact with the ground. The wierd thing about this game is that it had vertical and horizontal sections.

Any ideas?

Comment

I also have a vague memeory of a side scrolling beat em up done in the Pitfighter style..badly digitised characters etc..any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
            I also have a vague memeory of a side scrolling beat em up done in the Pitfighter style..badly digitised characters etc..any ideas?
            Guardians Of The Hood

I thought that was kinda heavy - scrolling beat em ups were so GHETTO back in them days! It seemed so right to jack kids for money to play that

Comment

Originally posted by Madbury
              HIJACK,

on a similar tip I remember playing this game in the arcade, but can't remember the name.

Space type Shmup with a ship. You could drop bombs, which exploded with a large blue circular explosion on impact with the ground. The wierd thing about this game is that it had vertical and horizontal sections.

Any ideas?
              Salamander/Life Force maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
                Salamander/Life Force maybe?
                No, I don't think so, there was definately a bomb which would arc to the ground and explode with a big blue circle type thing. The vert parts were over the surface of a planet.

Looks similar to Salamader, but I don't think that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                  Originally posted by Welrain
                  Guardians Of The Hood

I thought that was kinda heavy - scrolling beat em ups were so GHETTO back in them days! It seemed so right to jack kids for money to play that
                  Remember 'Vendetta' Saur? I loved smashing those fags into shop windows with spiked baseball bats!!!

The way the dogs tried mounting you was pretty sick though.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbury
                    HIJACK,

Any ideas?
                    Terra Force perhaps? 8)

Comment

Thanks Shou,

**** yes, that looks like the game. This has been bugging me for well over a decade, I can't thank you enough.

Time to check it out on emulation.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                        Remember 'Vendetta' Saur? I loved smashing those fags into shop windows with spiked baseball bats!!!
                        Oh yes... used to play that a lot with my brother...
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                        X