Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inf. request on buying a Xbox 360 NTSC/US Console..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inf. request on buying a Xbox 360 NTSC/US Console..

Hi all,

around the end of Feb 2008 i should be visiting some friends in the USA.

I was planning on buying an Elite 360.

Since it would be an NTSC console it would be possible to use it back home in Europe?

And what about the software...i will be obliged to use only REGION FREE or NTS/US games right?

Ty for answers

Yes to both your questions mate. Mine is a US launch model.

Be warned though if it ****s up MS will not touch it. I have had to pay to have mine fixed by an independent person twice now, and im not paying again.

And it will **** up.

Comment

Well i hope that, by the time i will buy it, they will be selling only Elite Falcon in the US.

in any case, i have my dayone Pro here, no HDMI but never had a problem ( i have to say i use the console only for short periods of time tho)

Comment

You should buy a PAL version really, apart from college football / baseball games there is no need for a USA version.

Comment

I would not recommend you buy a console over in the US - as has been stated, only US sports games necessitate such a purchase.

As you are probably aware, a 360 is almost guaranteed to stop working if used enough. The 'falcon' chipset is not necessarily going to address this issue because some say it is the wrong processor which has been modified.

Comment

Just to confirm what Nicholas (the name change will take a bit of getting used to!!) said. It will work absolutely fine in the UK. You'll be able to connect to Live using your UK Gamertag etc. and any peripherals you have will work ok.

The only thing that won't work out of the box is the power 'brick' as it's been designed to run on a lower voltage. However, as you already have a UK 360 you can use the 'brick' from that instead without any probs.....I do the exact same thing with mine.

If you're not a US sports fan then as the guys say there isn't really any compelling reason to buy one (other than Beatiful Katamari perhaps). If you like your sports games though then there are plenty of decent games available Stateside.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
              I would not recommend you buy a console over in the US - as has been stated, only US sports games necessitate such a purchase.
              As the owner of a lonely heart... I mean a US 360, I second this.

It's the first import console I've owned where its actually been a burden and not a blessing.

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook View Post
                If you're not a US sports fan then as the guys say there isn't really any compelling reason to buy one (other than Beatiful Katamari perhaps). If you like your sports games though then there are plenty of decent games available Stateside.
                The Japanese version of Katamari is region free apparently and english, so one less reason to need one.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  The Japanese version of Katamari is region free apparently and english, so one less reason to need one.
                  Do you mean to say we can play Jap Katamari on a PAL 360?!

I thought it was region locked....

Comment

I have a falcon, yes it runs a bit cooler, am I convinced it won't **** up 12-18 months on..... no, not one bit!

Comment

I disagree with most of the above.

Not only is buying a US console far cheaper but games and accessories can be bought at a far cheaper price online or while in the US. I picked up a mint 360 Premium for £80 and games at an average of £20-£25 a pop - compared with a minimum £40 for new releases over here. Albeit, it is easier having a PAL system for buying games here, however I find it cuts out my impulse buying and I can wait a week or so on delivery from eBay US/Play-Asia. Only problem is yeah, if you get the 3 Red Lights I don't think MS would help you out but replacement consoles are ripe on eBay US and there are people out there that can fix that problem.

The reason for me getting a US console was for the US sports titles not available in any other region but NTSC format.

Comment

All Katamaris are region locked.

Comment

Working...
                        X