Sam & Max Season 2 Ice Station Santa: 8
    Scene It? L,C,A: 6
    The Witcher: 7

Online Reviews:
    Team Fortress 2: 9
    Eye of Judgement: 8
    Pro Evo 2008: 3

Cover is Ninja Gaiden II with loads of Japanese writing on it
    Last edited by ChrisF; 24-11-2007, 11:17.

ooooooof. AC = 4. Given the comments about the game here that will be a £15 purchase for me well into 2008.

Can't possibly see how COD4 could be an 8.

Comment

I can't wait to read the Assassin's Creed review now. The hype machine has well and truly crumbled!

Interesting to see Simpsons game get 4/10 also, are Games TM taking a zero tolerance approach now or something?

Comment

They seem to think it's the best Simpsons game ever created too!

Comment

That's a controversy score for AC if ever I saw one. Everybody on here is saying every version of Kane & Lynch is an utter bag of ****e so I don't see how these scores are right - if anything the two should be swapped round.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
            That's a controversy score for AC if ever I saw one. Everybody on here is saying every version of Kane & Lynch is an utter bag of ****e so I don't see how these scores are right - if anything the two should be swapped round.
            Kane and Lynch doesn't deserve a score. There hasn't been a number invented or discovered yet that adequately could summarise how fundamentally arse the game is.

No way is AC a 4. Boring as hell in places, but still wonderful, with a setting far removed from space marines and driving, hence should be welcomed with open arms.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
              maybe you should cut the scores out and swop em around. They'd be right then

Comment

This could be better than the Edge thread.

*sits down in a comfy chair with popcorn*

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
                  This could be better than the Edge thread.

*sits down in a comfy chair with popcorn*
                  The text for the AC review will be very interesting indeed. Is it really a below average game? That's quite an indictment.

*kicks PG out of chair and bletches in popcorn*

Comment

They slated the non-coherent story, the odd "twist", and the lack of difference in the missions. It also read as if they resented Jade Raymond somewhat. They also compared it to Rise of the Robots in that it failed to deliver!

Personally, I think their score is quite harsh, and am enjoying the game!

Comment

Read the review of Assassin's Creed and while respect the reviewers opinion some of the stuff he said is rather bemusing. In the what makes the game unique section he says the freerunning is great but underused Maybe I am wrong but isn't it like the main mechanic of the game and you do actually use it quite alot?! From what I read the reviewer didn't really get the plot (which means he wasn't paying attention or has the brain capacity of a 5 year old) and there are complaints about not alot to do. I get the feeling the reviewer was expecting a GTA experience, which you just will not get from this as the medieval setting restricts your interactions (no cars, no violent gangs, no whores etc) to a certain degree. The whole tone of the review from the start gives the impression that the reviewer wanted to hate the game from the beginning. Ah well opinion is opinion but how this got a lower score than Kane & Lynch is beyond me.

Also I thought the person who reviewed Mass Effect was way too kind with the 9/10, if any other game had the technical issues that this game has it would have been hammered. The reviews says there is a bit of slowdown, totally wrong as I have got loads of slowdown at times and it is hampering the game experience sometimes. There is an admittance that the conversation stuff is not revolutionary (100% true) but then says there is no pauses, I have had quite a few pauses in my conversations A character will say something and then there will be a little pause as they continue their conversation. Then the line at the end of the review was a really silly one! "Sony will need more than MGS4 to top this", are GamesTM on the Microsoft payroll or something?! That sounded so much like fanboy talk, it is cringeworthy.
                      Last edited by ezee ryder; 24-11-2007, 12:19.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                        It also read as if they resented Jade Raymond somewhat.
                        What exactly did they say to give you that impression?

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                          In the what makes the game unique section he says the freerunning is great but underused

Christ almighty.

Comment

I just dislike GamesTM as a magazine i just can't put my finger on why i just don't like how the reviews come across or how the magazine is put together.
                            I do like the retro section but other than that it's a waste of paper imo.

I admit i am a fan of Edge magazine and have been ever since it's release in the early nineties, it may not be what it once was but it still offers the best reviews and opinion in the buisness. I just feel GamesTM at times tries to out do Edge with some of the "controversial" reviews and suffers badly for it

I haven't read this issue and have no intention to but the comment from the Mass Effect review as stated by ezee ryder a few posts back "Sony will need more than MGS4 to top this"

this to me is a bewildering comment to be made by a reviewer, surely questions have to be asked about where a reviewers allegiance or indeed a whole magazines lie's
                            I have no doubt most reviewers have a preference of console but should that effect a games final score as imo especially this generation this seems to be happening.

the comment is bordering on the reviewer being placed in the "blinkered fanboy" category

The Assassins Creed score is bewildering to me, i have the game and yes it has it's problems but as a game telling a story it's fantastic i am enjoying it immensely, the Edge review is spot on and so it the seven they gave it.
                            I won't say anything about cod4 because i simply love it and as a multiplayer experience is unmatched on a console and an eight is severely undermarking it.
                            It is a nine on any day of any week

offcourse these are just my opinions just like anyone elses
                            Last edited by fuzzybee; 24-11-2007, 13:38.

Comment

AC review and score

Whilst I respect any reviewer to have a different opinion to myself I just can't fathom how AC is deemed less than an average gaming experience

I have a theory that I won't go into at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X