Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To buy or not to buy?

Hi

I didn't bother get this console yet because I'm mostly waiting for Metal Gear. But is there any reason for me to buy this console in December?

Cant say I REALLY WANT to buy it as I'm not really a PS fan boy. PS1 was awsome but PS2 was a major letdown compared to the Dreamcast (RIP) but I prefer to have all platforms so I can play all the quality games.

So when should I buy the PS3?

If you have a 360, I wouldn't say it's worth buying a PS3 yet.

I bought a PS3 a few weeks ago. The only game that I've really enjoyed and been impressed with, is MotorStorm. I know that some people don't like it, but I think it's an awesome experience in so many ways.

I could quite happily live without my PS3 though. The 360 is the machine I enjoy the most.

Comment

Buy a PS3 when it gets bundled with a Dual Shock 3 init? And more games will be out then, too.

Comment

Wait until MGS4 comes along. Get a Wii with SMG with your burning-a-hole-in-your-pocket money if you haven't already.

There are a handful of games on PS3 that may give you some fun though, such as:

Uncharted, Warhawk, Unreal Tournement 3 (xmas), Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (xmas) come to mind.

Comment

Cheeres duders for the replies.

I will wait until MGS4 arrives. (cant wait!)

Comment

Plenty of goodies and reasons to get a PS3.
            Drakes, motorstorm, resistance to name 3 exclusives, lots of ps1 games to download, GT5. Its a Bluray player.
            Last edited by huxley; 24-11-2007, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
              Plenty of goodies and reasons to get a PS3.
              Drakes, motorstorm, resistance to name 3 exclusives, lots of ps1 games to download, GT5. Its a Bluray player.
              Have they finally allowed you to play your ps1 downloads on your ps3? Im getting a ps3 this week, so i wouldn't mind knowing if you can. As i dont have a psp anymore.

Comment

Yup they work - I think the problem comes in if you have a jap unit and download games from the EU store - those dont play on the tv but work fine via the psp.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                  Yup they work - I think the problem comes in if you have a jap unit and download games from the EU store - those dont play on the tv but work fine via the psp.
                  Excellent. Jumping Flash GET!

Comment

I've mostly used mine as a blu-ray player to be honest, though I liked Super Stardust and I'm looking forward to Uncharted.

Comment

The PS3 really is awful at the moment with nothing going for it.

However once gran Turismo 5 is out then I'm all over it.

Comment

What about the cat game?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                          The PS3 really is awful at the moment with nothing going for it.

However once gran Turismo 5 is out then I'm all over it.
                          Pardon? its got plenty going for it, and its far from awful.

nice avatar, wogan is don.

Comment

Yeah, it's the cat game that makes the console, foo'!

Comment

It's not a game.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X