Multi-console games: Good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tssk
    Rez and Crazy Taxi inferior on the PS2? Bah. I'd rather play a pretty close port rather than go without.
    I thought the PS2 port of Rez was pretty damn good. While you couldn't play it on a VGA box (a thing of beauty!), the control seemed slightly tighter, and there was a little less slowdown. I read that the sound was downsampled for the PS2s chip, or something, but honestly, on my crappy setup (i.e. an old tv) I'd never notice.

Having said all that, I did end up playing the DC version a lot more. *shrug*

Comment

I tend to think that multi console games usually are shiite, unless in the hands of a competent company like EA. Ports water games down, most of the best games are exclusive to their respective console.

Still for every Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, there is an Azurik or a Pirates of the Carribean. I usually avoid games that have been ported. A good example of a multi console game that is absolute crap: Enter the Matrix.

Comment

Originally posted by Che Musashi
        I tend to think that multi console games usually are shiite, unless in the hands of a competent company like EA. Ports water games down, most of the best games are exclusive to their respective console.

Still for every Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, there is an Azurik or a Pirates of the Carribean. I usually avoid games that have been ported. A good example of a multi console game that is absolute crap: Enter the Matrix.
        Surely in ETM it was a case of poor design plus too tight a deadline...

Comment

and Dave Perry being a conceited ass!

Comment

Working...
          X