Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pookmunki: Playing the games you shouldn't have to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pookmunki: Playing the games you shouldn't have to...

Righty, FINALLY found the time to do this!

Firstly, some facts about me:

My name is Luke and i have been gaming since around 1989, the first being (i think) Dragon's Lair on the Sinclair (which worked for about an hour, so doesnt really count) and the last being Mass Effect.

Amazingly, i'm still fascinated by the hobby and the advances being made in both gameplay and technology. The parralax scrolling found on Sonic, right through to the silky smooth Cod4 multiplayer evoke the same 'WOW' despite being experienced some 16 years apart.

I live with my gorgeous missus Mary in Nottingham, having lived in Derby for 24 of my 25 years (thus missing out entirely on the arcade scene in the 90's, Derby is NAFF for that). We are currently expecting our first child, due in May 2008, and are busy trying to find another place to live.

My taste for import gaming was kick-started by Another World, a shop that used to sell all sorts of bits and bobs during the PSX and N64 era. I think i was just intigued by the different box art rather than 50hz vs 60hz, but getting games early was the main benefit. Another World was absorbed into Forbidden Planet International and the gaming side kind of died off to make way for more emphasis on comics, manga and movie merchandise just as i joined the company in 2003 (i think).

Anyways, this is just a quick bit to start me off, i'll be adding more to the history of the Pookster as and when, tomorrow's update starts my bloggy gimmick - everybody knows the good games, the big ones, the cult classics, but what about the crap ones? Is it possible to fall in love with a ****ty piece of Lameware?

Tomorrow: Alvin and the Chipmunks (Wii)

LC

I would like you to reveiw Ninjabread man (Wii) before I waste £15 on it

Comment

Was going to add that id be taking requests

Certainly Itsthere, i'll make it next weeks game

Update later...

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X