Firmware 2.10 brd 1.1 and divx tomorow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware 2.10 brd 1.1 and divx tomorow

A Voice Changer feature has been added to the Voice and Video Chat menu. If you want more information visit eu.playstation.com and consult the "Voice Changer" guide included in the "Help and Technical Assistance for PS3" section.

This feature allows you to change the tone of the sound originated by audio devices, like microphones. It has 5 preset levels and a bass and (what's the opposite of bass? ) scale.

You can alter the tone while using the Voice and Video chat options available in "Friends"

Other 2.10 stuff

Music

- Now you can select the options [Type 3] in Settings > Music Settings > Bitmapping. This bitmapping process has been designed exclusively for the PS3 with the goal of improving the audio reproduction.

Video

- DivX y VC-1 WMV (WOOOOOT) are now compatible. *
    - The system is now compatible with the Profile 1.1 Blu-ray Disc. **
    - A [BD data tool] option has been added ***

- To play VC-1 (WMV) files you will need to select the option [Activate WMA reproduction], available in the Settings > System Settings
    - It's not possible to play copyrighted files or files compressed with DivX 3.11
    - It's not possible to play files bigger then 2GB
    - Now you have several additional features, like the simultaneous reproduction of the videos in the Blu-ray Disc compatible with the 1.1 Profile. The available features vary depending on the disc.
    Stores the management data used by the Blu-ray Disc.

Will it be possible to stream divx/wmv stuff from your pc? Also 2gb max file size doesnt sound too great. Still, good update tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
      Will it be possible to stream divx/wmv stuff from your pc?
      Yes, you can.

I couldn't get it working with any DivX files I tried this morning though -despite them working on the 360. Update = phail.

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
        It has 5 preset levels and a bass and (what's the opposite of bass? ) scale.
        I think the word you seek is 'treble'!

Comment

I can play Xvid files from an SD card, but they don't work streaming via Twonkyvision at the moment.

Comment

Really nice addition, no more re-encoding episodes into mp4, just to watch..

Comment

The one thing i did try on divx via streaming worked perfectly.

Comment

Ive tried a number of divx titles and all of them have worked perfectly...really excellent update

Comment

This update is brill. I'm loving the DivX playback! I'm streaming videos from my laptop and watching them on the Playstation 3. Also the bonus having the option to have different screen sizes is nice. On the Xbox 360 divX playback I have to set my 360 to 480p to get it full screen. But on this I can just leave it set at 720p and set the screen to full screen while watching.

Comment

I get full screen on 1080p on 360. 360 also has resume etc on streaming vids ps3 doesnt not to mention i keep losing connection to server on the ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by mackemansj1 View Post
                      I get full screen on 1080p on 360. 360 also has resume etc on streaming vids ps3 doesnt not to mention i keep losing connection to server on the ps3.
                      What I'm watching just plays in 4.3 on the 360 so I have to set it to 480p to stretch it out. On the Playstation 3 I get to change the screen sizes without messing with the screen resolution.

It's great that both console have this now though.

Comment

You can change the screen size on the 360 too while the video is playing.

Though stretching 4:3 video to 16:9 = ick.

Comment

great, downloaded it very quickly but now can't see my pc which was the media server.

it saw it 20mins ago pre update, I've touched nothing and now it can't.

i hate all this poncing about with this stuff now.

Comment

Working...
                          X